700 Motivational Quotes For Recovering Addicts (2023)
1. “Emotional Sobriety is for people who are trying to live a balanced life or attempting to understand what relationship trauma is all about.” – Tian Dayton Ph.D
2. A big turning point for me was deciding that I wanted maximum responsibility over my life. I no longer wanted to spend the next day recovering from a hangover.
3. “Love is a mutual self-giving which ends in self-recovery.” — Fulton J. Sheen
4. “I’ve never met an alcoholic in recovery who doesn’t believe that this is the best thing they have ever done.” — Adam Clayton
5. As impossible as the withdrawal process may seem, it is a necessary obstacle to overcome. For instance, intense heroin withdrawal symptoms usually last for about 5 to 7 days, although others may experience post-acute withdrawal syndrome in the following weeks and months (PAWS). You should also keep in mind that detoxing alone can be dangerous. You or your loved one may require medical support depending on the substance and the severity of the addiction, so it is always best to speak with trained professionals rather than going “cold turkey” alone. Facing this first obstacle is a necessary step to getting clean. The only way you will be able to recover is if you continue forward despite how impossible the end goal may seem at the moment.
6. Positive thinking does not mean that there are zero problems, but it means that you can cope and recover more easily, while at the same time you are able to look at a brighter side of any situation. John Franz
7. “I chose sober because I wanted a better life. I stay sober because I got one’ – Unknown
8. However you decide to say “Congrats on your sobriety!”, the most important thing is to just say it in the first place. Your loved one has worked their butts off to get to where they are today, and an acknowledgement of all their hard work will definitely be appreciated and treasured. And it’ll keep them going strong through to their next sobriety anniversary.
9. Recovering from addiction is not easy, but these sobriety quotes will inspire you to stay strong and motivated.
10. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier to not use substances