Updated: Jan 15
1. “Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward.” – C.S Lewis
2. “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.” – Julia Roberts
3. The hottest love has the coldest end.
4. “The heart will break, but broken live on.” — Lord Byron
5. “I’m not crying because of you; you’re not worth it. I’m crying because my delusion of who you were was shattered by the truth of who you are.” ― Steve Maraboli
6. “I will never regret you or say I wish I’d never met you. Because once upon a time you were exactly what I needed.” — Bob Marley
7. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
8. “Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.” — Wallace Stegner
9. “All I wanted was to break your walls. All you ever did was wreck me.” — Miley Cyrus, “Wrecking Ball”
10. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” – Patti Roberts
11. “Out of the millions and millions of people that inhabit this planet, he is one of the tiny few I can never have.” — Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
12. “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.” — Terri Guillemets
13. For my part, I prefer my heart to be broken. It is so lovely, dawn-kaleidoscopic within the crack.
14. “If you start to miss me, remember: I didn’t walk away, you let me go.” — Unknown
15. Hotel Books, I Always Thought I Would Be Okay
16. Doctoring her seemed to her as absurd as putting together the pieces of a broken vase. Her heart was broken. Why would they try to cure her with pills and powders?
17. The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.
18. We are all Romeos looking for our Juliet, but never finding her.
19. “Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.” — Rita Stradling, Making Bad Choices
20. “My tongue will tell the anger of my heart, or else my heart, concealing it, will break.” — William Shakespeare, Taming of the Shrew
21. “I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.” — Julia Roberts
22. “For God to mend your broken heart you must give him ALL the pieces. You can’t hold any back.” — Rick Warren
23. Violet Leaves Birthday Greeting Facebook Post
24. “She went around with a broken heart, and she wasn’t sure who’d broken it. She thought it was herself, mostly.” ― Ann Brashares
25. One Good Thing: 13 Strangers Take a Road Trip
26. “Life always waits for some crisis to occur before revealing itself at its most brilliant.” – Paulo Coelho
27. There are many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream — whatever that dream might be.
28. “You don’t die from a broken heart. You only wish you did.” — Unknown
29. “Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.” — The Wizard of Oz
30. “The heart is heaviest when it’s empty and lightest when it’s full” — Helen Scott Taylor, A Clockwork Fairytale
31. “I cried a lot because of you. I laughed a lot because of you. I believed in love because of you. And now I’m heartbroken because of you.”- Unknown
32. “The tender heart, the broken and contrite spirit, are to me far above all the joys that I could ever hope for in this vale of tears.” — Charles Simeon
33. “You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.” – Isabel Gillies
34. Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.
35. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
36. Sometimes the only way the good Lord can get into some hearts is to break them.
37. “Tell me the truth boy, am I losing you for good? We used to kiss all night, but now there's just no use.” — Solange, “Losing You”
38. “These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real” — Evanescence, “My Immortal”
39. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone because the tears won’t let you see the stars.” – Rabindranath Tagore
40. “Has someone made you heartbroken? Then, why are you still thinking of him?” ― Debra K. Messer
41. I thought that I’d been been hurt before but no one’s ever left me quite this sore. Your words cut deeper than a knife. Now I need someone to breathe me back to life.” — Shawn Mendes, “Stitches”
42. Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you’d been before the fall.
43. “The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.” — Unknown
44. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” – Carrol Bryant
45. “When life seems hopeless, rearrange things for a dose of dopeness.”– Kid Cudi
46. Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice.
47. “When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.” — Lao Tzu
48. “Perhaps someday, I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.” ― Sylvia Plath
49. “Letting go is the willingness to change your beliefs in order to bring more peace and joy into your life instead of holding onto beliefs that bring pain and suffering…” – Hal Tipper
50. Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.
51. You can’t give your heart to a wild thing.
52. I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today.
53. “If you love someone, showing them is better than telling them. If you stop loving someone, telling them is better than showing them.” – Karen Salmansohn
54. “I scratched out your name and your face. What is it about you that I can't erase, baby? Well every promise don't work out that way” — Beyonce, “Sandcastles”
55. “The only thing a boyfriend was good for was a shattered heart.” — Becca Fitzpatrick
56. “You were red and you liked me cause I was blue. You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky, and you decided purple just wasn’t for you.” — Halsey, “Colors”
57. I wish I were a little girl again because skinned knees are easier to fix than a broken heart.
58. “Sometimes it takes a heartbreak to shake us awake, help us see we are worth so much more than we’re settling for.” – Mandy Hale
59. “Love is never lost. If not reciprocated, it will flow back and soften and purify the heart.”- Washington Irving
60. “A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.” – Anthony Liccione
61. The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.
62. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” — Henny Youngman
63. “Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.” – Oprah Winfrey
64. “I understand it, but I don't like it. I wish we could all be together like before: best friends, not heartbroken strangers.” — Amy Plum, If I Should Die
65. “Love is hard to find, hard to keep, and hard to forget.” ― Alysha Speer
66. “It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all, in which case you have failed by default.” – J. K. Rowling
67. “The scariest thing is that we didn’t even have to be together for you to break my heart.” — Unknown
68. “Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.” — Unknown
69. It’s funny how artistic we become when our hearts are broken.
70. “The saddest thing about love is that not only that it cannot last forever, but that heartbreak is soon forgotten.” – William Faulkner
71. “Wanting her is hard to forget, loving her is hard to regret, losing her is hard to accept, but letting go is the most painful.” — Unknown
72. “There is one pain, I often feel, which you will never know. It’s caused by the absence of you.” – Ashleigh Brilliant
73. So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.
74. “One day you’re going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you’re gonna hate yourself for letting me go.“ – Aubrey Drake Graham
75. The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.
76. “Courage is the power to let go of the familiar.” – Raymond Lindquist
77. This is a good sign, having a broken heart. It means we have tried for something.
78. “Don’t afraid to move on and start a new chapter.” –Unknown
79. “A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.” – Unknown
80. “You don’t need strength to let go of something. What you really need is understanding.” – Guy Finley
81. “When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.” — Pat Schweibert, Tear Soup: A Recipe For Healing After Loss
82. Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret
83. “Letting go does not mean you stop caring. It means you stop trying to force others to.” – Mandy Hale
84. “In another life I would make you stay, so I don’t have to say you were the one that got away.” — Katy Perry, “The One That Got Away”
85. “A wounded deer leaps highest.” — Emily Dickinson
86. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.” – Robert Frost
87. I pray that former rejection and deep hurts will not color what I see and hear now.
88. Loving you is like a battle, and we both end up with scars. — Lauryn Hill, “Ex-Factor”
89. “Sadness flies on the wings of the morning and out of the heart of darkness comes the light. ” – Jean Giraudoux
90. “Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow.” – L. Ron Hubbard
91. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” — J.S.B. Morse, Now and at the Hour of Our Death
92. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn’t it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.” — Neil Gaiman
93. Between Bells: A Block - headlines 121222
94. “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” –Billy Idol
95. “We are all Romeos looking for our Juliet, but never finding her.” – Rae Hacton
96. “In the depths of sorrow we will eventually find an unwavering light.” – Unknown
97. “I didn’t lose you. You lost me. You'll search for me inside of everyone you're with and I won't be found." — r.H. Sin
98. “Love is blind, but a broken heart sees everything.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
99. The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it’s been broken into a million pieces.
100. “The whole world can become the enemy when you lose what you love.” — Kristina McMorris, Bridge of Scarlet Leaves
101. “Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean.” ― Gregory Roberts
102. “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.” — Laura Kasischke, The Raising
103. “Moving on doesn’t mean you forget about things, it just means you have to accept what happened and continue living.” – Unknown
104. You don’t die from a broken heart. You only wish you did.
105. Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.
106. “Some things are just never meant to be, no matter how much we wish they were.”- Unknown
107. “The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.” ― Margaret George
108. “What’s broken is broken — and I’d rather remember it as it was than mend it and see the broken places as long as I lived.” – Margaret Mitchell
109. “Don’t you EVER break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 of those!” – Jayy Von Monroe
110. “Sometimes you have to unfollow people in real life.” — Unknown
111. Heartbreak is funny to everyone but the heartbroken.
112. Let go. Why do you cling to pain? There is nothing you can do about the wrongs of yesterday. It is not yours to judge. Why hold on to the very thing which keeps you from hope and love?
113. “When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth.” ― Sienna Miller
114. “It’s sad but sometimes moving on with the rest of your life starts with goodbye.” – Carrie Underwood
115. “The scars of your love remind me of us. They keep me thinking that we almost had it all.” — Adele, “Rolling in the Deep”
116. A broken heart is what makes life so wonderful five years later, when you see that special guy in an elevator and he is fat and smoking and saying ‘Long time no see.’
117. “You weren’t just a star to me. You were my whole damn sky.” — Unknown
118. “As for lovers, well, they’ll come and go too. And baby, I hate to say it, most of them – actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can’t give up because if you give up, you’ll never find your soulmate. You’ll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn’t mean you’re gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling.“ – Marilyn Monroe
119. This Week In Trivia: Holiday Albums, MLB Contracts, & Golden Globes
120. It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.
121. “To make real friends you have to put yourself out there. Sometimes people will let you down, but you can't let that stop you. If you get hurt, you just pick yourself up, dust off your feelings, and try again.” — Kristin Hannah, Firefly Lane
122. “Listen to God with a broken heart. He is not only the doctor who mends it, but also the father who wipes away the tears.”― Criss Jami
123. “The friendship that can cease has never been real.” — Saint Jerome
124. “It hurts like hell. And then one day, it doesn’t.” – Unknown
125. God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.
126. “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”- Alexander Graham Bell
127. “Don’t let yesterday use up too much of today.” — Cherokee Indian Proverb
128. Get updates on the latest posts and more from Everyday Power straight to your inbox.
129. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
130. “What about us? What about all the broken happy ever afters?” — Pink, “What about us?”
131. “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.” —Ashley Rickards
132. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” – Bette Davis
133. “I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.” — Christie Brinkley
134. “Just remember, when you should grab something, grab it; when you should let go, let go.” – Unknown
135. “Don’t you dare for one more second surround yourself with people who are not aware of the awesomeness that you are.” – Karen Salmansohn
136. “Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over.” – Octavia Butler
137. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” — Socrates
138. “Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart.” – Cassandra Clare
139. You may have a broken heart, but you may find someone else.
140. Love is the hardest drug to quit, but it is even harder when it is taken away.
141. “You can close your eyes to things you don’t want to see, but you can’t close your heart to things you don’t want to feel.” – Johnny Depp
142. The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever
143. Nothing helps a broken heart like having someone wonderful give you theirs.
144. When you have your heart broken for the first time, you gain depth.
145. “Anything you can’t control is teaching you how to let go.” – Jackson Kiddard
146. “You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. The heart will break… but broken live on.” — Barbara De Angelis
147. “Somebody asked me if I knew you. A million memories flash through my mind, but I just smiled and said I used to.” —Unknown
148. Trevor Noah Says Farewell to 'The Daily Show'
149. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” — Alphonse de Lamartine
150. “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
151. “You can only lose what you cling to.” – Buddha
152. “The sorrow we feel when we lose a loved one is the price we pay to have had them in our lives.” — Rob Liano
153. “Sharp are the arrows of a broken heart.” ― Cassandra Clare
154. The best way to heal a broken heart, it turns out, is to find a way to move past the hurt.
155. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
156. Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.
157. “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him – for breaking my heart twice.” ― James Patterson
158. “One day, I learned that a single look can change everything. And since then, I have seen it countless times. I have grappled to understand it and failed. For instance, all it took was a look from another man for my wife to fall out of love with me. It baffles me that a simple alignment of eyes can cause so much devastation.” — Ali Shaw, The Girl with Glass Feet
159. “It is the heart that has been pierced that feels the most.” — Jocelyn Murray
160. “It’s hard asking someone with a broken heart to fall in love again.” – Eric Kripke
161. “I won't ever leave you, even though you're always leaving me.” ― Audrey Niffenegger, The Time Traveler’s Wife
162. “Doctoring her seemed to her as absurd as putting together the pieces of a broken vase. Her heart was broken. Why would they try to cure her with pills and powders?” ― Leo Tolstoy
163. Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
164. “As long as you as an individual… can convince yourself that in order to move forward as best you can you have to be optimistic, you can be described as ‘one of the faithful,’ one of those people who can say, ‘Well, look, something’s going to happen! Let’s just keep trying. Let’s not give up.” –Tom Hanks
165. “And maybe a happy ending doesn’t include a guy, maybe… it’s you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is… just… moving on.” – Unknown
166. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.”— Mark Twain
167. “I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can't be you?”― Tabitha Suzuma, Forbidden
168. “Just keep moving forward and don’t give a damn about what anybody thinks. Do what you have to do, for you.” – Johnny Depp
169. “Everything is gone except traces of you inside me — and the years like the wind are sweeping those away.” — John Geddes, A Familiar Rain
170. Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be.
171. So here’s the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before.
172. “You will never know true happiness until you have truly loved, and you will never understand what pain really is until you have lost it.” — Unknown
173. “The human heart has a way of making itself large again even after it’s been broken into a million pieces.” — Robert James Waller, The Bridges of Madison County
174. “Heartbreak is funny to everyone but the heartbroken.” – Jeffery Eugenides
175. “Missing someone special to you bring tears to your eyes, but remembering all the good times you had brings a smile to your face.” – Nishan Panwar
176. “Each night I put my head to my pillow I try to tell myself I’m strong because I’ve gone one more day without you.” — Unknown
177. “I will never regret loving you, only believing you loved me too.” — Unknown
178. “One day you'll finally see, your biggest mistake was not loving me.” — Nishan Panwar
179. “She took a step and didn't want to take any more, but she did.” — Markus Zusak, The Book Thief
180. “Never love that which you cannot keep.” – Anonymous
181. I consent to receiving emails and personalized ads.
182. When trees burn, they leave the smell of heartbreak in the air.
183. The White Lotus' Star Beatrice Grannò Teases Season Two Finale
184. “Pain makes you stronger. Tears make you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser.” — Marc & Angel
185. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” — Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight
186. “When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell
187. “I am hopelessly in love with a memory. An echo from another time, another place.” — Michael Faudet
188. “The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are left unsaid and never explained.” — Jonathan Harnisch, Freak
189. “Ever since I met you my life’s been a song. A sad song, a love song with hate in between.” — Willie and Lukas Nelson, “Sound of Your Memory”
190. “My mouth says, “I’m ok.” My fingers text, “I’m fine.” My heart says, “I’m broken.” – Unknown
191. “Sadness flies away on the wings of time.”- Jean de La Fontaine
192. “Since you’ve gone I’ve been lost without a trace. I dream at night, I can only see your face.” — The Police, “Every Breath You Take”
193. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken before the years can make it wise.” ― Sara Teasdale, The Collected Poems
194. “God is closest to those with broken hearts.” – Jewish Proverb
195. “It is not the broken heart that kills, but broken pride, monseigneur.” — Gilbert Parker
196. “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.”― Tupac Shakur
197. “Sometimes a broken heart can mend something else’s brokenness.” – Munia Kahn
198. “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” –
199. “Why’d you have to say goodbye? Look what you’ve done to me. I can’t stop these tears from fallin’ from my eyes.” — Mary J. Blige, “I’m Goin’ Down”
200. “Not all those who wander are lost.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
201. “If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again.”– Amelie Chance
202. “The greatest loss of time is delay and expectation, which depend upon the future. We let go the present, which we have in our power, and look forward to that which depends upon chance, and so relinquish a certainty for an uncertainty.” – Seneca
203. “I have lost and loved and won and cried myself to the person I am today.” – Charlotte Eriksson
204. “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it…”― Nicholas Sparks
205. “Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.” ― Jodi Picoult
206. “Sometimes, when one person is missing, the whole world seems depopulated.” – Alphonse de Lamartine
207. “Just because I laugh a lot doesn’t mean my life is easy. Just because I have a smile on my face every day doesn’t mean that something is not bothering me. It’s just that I choose to move on with the negatives in my life and keep my head up instead of dwelling on the past.” – Unknown
208. A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.
209. Stop being a prisoner of your past. Become the architect of your future.
210. White Divider and Text on Image Beach Facebook Post
211. “The saddest thing about love is that not only the love cannot last forever, but even the heartbreak is soon forgotten.” — William Faulkner, Soldier’s Pay
212. I’ve been on the floor and I’ve been heartbroken. I didn’t know how I was going to stand up. But I just gave it time.
213. “It’s hard to be clear about who you are when you are carrying around a bunch of baggage from the past. I’ve learned to let go and move more quickly into the next place.” –Angelina Jolie
214. “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.” – Faraaz Kazi
215. Sometimes… Sometimes our hearts…crack a little.
216. “Broken hearts hurt but they will make you strong.” – Unknown
217. “I thought when love for you died, I should die. Its dead. Alone, most strangely, I live on.” – Rupert Brooke
218. “My feet will want to walk to where you are sleeping but I shall go on living.” — Pablo Neruda
219. “You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”–Christopher Columbus
220. “Sometimes you have to deprive someone of the pleasure of being with you so that they can realize how much they need you in their lives.” — Osayi Osar-Emokpae, Because You Deserve Love
221. “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver, heartbreak makes you wiser.” – Unknown
222. “And it only hurts when I'm breathing. My heart only breaks when it's beating. My dreams only die when I'm dreaming.So, I hold my breath — to forget.” — Shania Twain, “Up!”
223. “Words can sting like anything, but silence breaks the heart.” — Phyllis McGinley
224. Ticketmaster Apologizes Again, This Time for Bad Bunny Ticket Fiasco
225. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” – Carroll Bryant
226. “There is something bleak and barren about a world that is missing the person who knows you best.” — Jodi Piccoult, The Book of Two Ways
227. I never wanted but your heart–that gone, you have nothing more to give.
228. “Hearts are breakable. And I think even when you heal, you're never what you were before" — Cassandra Clare, City of Fallen Angels
229. “It was strange, really. A couple months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could.” – Gabrielle Zevin
230. I’m not supposed to miss you, I’m not supposed to care.
231. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” ― E.A. Bucchianeri, Brushstrokes of a Gadfly
232. The top entertainment headlines.
233. “Open your arms to change, but don’t let go of your values.” – Dalai Lama
234. “One of the most courageous decisions you’ll ever make is to finally let go of what is hurting your heart and soul.” – B. Nicole
235. “Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.” – Warsan Shire
236. “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
237. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” – Criss Jami
238. “Love is unconditional. Relationships are not.” – Grant Gudmunson
239. “My heart's cracking apart all over again because of the way I've missed him.” — Jolene Perry, My Heart for Yours
240. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” — Jack Thorne, Harry Potter and The Cursed Child: Parts One and Two
241. It isn’t enough for your heart to break because everybody’s heart is broken now.
242. I know what it’s like to have a broken heart. I know what it’s like to feel pain: When my songs don’t become hits, it breaks my heart. There are a million ways to break a heart. I can relate.
243. When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.
244. “When you have your heartbroken for the first time, you gain depth. – Sienna Miller
245. “Don’t cry when the sun is gone, because the tears won’t let you see the stars.”― Violeta Parra
246. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson, 809
247. You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.
248. “I think about you. But I don’t say it anymore.” ― Marguerite Duras
249. What is the opposite of two? A lonely me, a lonely you.
250. I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and its part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner.
251. Hearts will never be practical until they are made unbreakable.
252. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” – Khalil Gibran
253. “Moving on isn’t about not loving someone anymore and forgetting them. It’s about having the strength to say I still love you, but you’re not worth this pain.” – Ritu Ghatourey
254. “There are times in life when people must know when not to let go. Balloons are designed to teach small children this.” – Terry Pratchett
255. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” — Stelle Atwater
256. “You build on failure. You use it as a stepping-stone. Close the door on the past. You don’t try to forget the mistakes, but you don’t dwell on it. You don’t let it have any of your energy, or any of your time, or any of your space.” – Johny Cash
257. “Don’t feel sad over someone who gave up on you, feel sorry for them because they gave up on someone who would have never given up on them.” — Frank Ocean
258. The cure for a broken heart is simple, my lady. A hot bath and a good night’s sleep.
259. Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.
260. “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ― Kahlil Gibran
261. “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime.” — Bette Davis
262. “Sometimes it lasts in love, but sometimes it hurts instead.” — Adele, “Someone Like You”
263. “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever ‘the old’ means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
264. “You can’t have heartbreak without love. If your heart was really broken, then at least you know you really loved him.” ― Leila Sales
265. No matter how bad your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.
266. Oh you broke my heart. I told you I was weak for love, but then you went around, and did what you wanted to do, and now I'm crying. — Miley Cyrus, "FU"
267. Why did I always end up loving the person who hurt me the most? Why was love so cruel?
268. “I think about you. But I don't say it anymore.” — Marguerite Duras, Hiroshima Mon Amour
269. “I think you are wrong to want a heart. It makes most people unhappy. If you only knew it, you are in luck not to have a heart.” ― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
270. Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.
271. “Come back! Even as a shadow, even as a dream.” — Euripides, Herakles
272. “It turns out freedom ain't nothin' but missin' you. Wishin' I'd realized what I had when you were mine.” — Taylor Swift, “Back to December”
273. “The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” – T.E. Kalem
274. “Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime, and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.” — Edna St. Vincent Millay
275. Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.
276. “A girl doesn’t need anyone who doesn’t need her.” — Marilyn Monroe
277. “A broken heart bleeds tears.” ― Steve Maraboli
278. Most things break, including hearts. The lessons of life amount not to wisdom, but to scar tissue and callus.
279. Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.
280. “Some people are going to leave, but that's not the end of your story. That's the end of their part in your story.” —Faraaz Kazi
281. “Until this moment, I had not realized that someone could break your heart twice, along the very same fault lines.” — Jodi Picoult
282. Never love that which you cannot keep
283. “Broken heart will turn into a stronger one within hope.” ― Toba Beta
284. “God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; Courage to change the things I can; And wisdom to know the difference.” – Reinhold Niebuhr
285. “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” – Guy Finley
286. Green Floral Illustration Spa Valentine's Day Facebook Post
287. Love can sometimes be magic. But magic can sometimes just be an illusion.
288. “A relationship, I think, is like a shark. You know? It has to constantly move forward or it dies. And I think what we got on our hands is a dead shark.” — Alvy Singer, Annie Hall
289. Happiness is the china shop; love is the bull.
290. There will be a time when you are forced to follow your heart away from someone you love.
291. “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
292. “If you cannot hold me in your arms, then hold my memory in high regard.
293. “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” — Heather Brewer, Ninth Grade Slays
294. “Hanging on to resentment is letting someone you despise live rent-free in your head.” – Ann Landers
295. “The broken heart. You think you will die, but you keep living, day after day after terrible day.” — Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
296. “The best way to heal a broken heart, it turns out, is to find a way to move past the hurt.” – Mary Kay Andrews
297. “If another girl steals your man, there’s no better revenge than letting her keep him. Real men can’t be stolen.” – Kid Cudi
298. “When love is real it doesn’t lie, cheat or make you feel unwanted. True love eases worries – it doesn’t create worried.” – Unknown
299. “I will never love another. Not like I loved you. I just don’t have the love for it again.” — Atticus
300. “A final comfort that is small, but not cold: The heart is the only broken instrument that works.” — T.E. Kalem
301. “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” — Meredith Taylor, Churning Water
302. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” — Carroll Bryant
303. Let's Get Your Ex Out of Your Head, Shall We?
304. “When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.” — Unknown
305. “Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” — Miss Piggy
306. “The saddest thing is to be a minute to someone when you’ve made them your eternity.” — Sanober Kahn
307. Going Through a Breakup? Try the "No-Contact" Rule
308. “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
309. “I don't think anyone can give you advice when you've got a broken heart.” ― Britney Spears
310. I mean, at the end of the day, what the hell does it matter who I end up with if it can’t be you?
311. Sometimes you break your heart in the right way, if you know what I mean.
312. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them … but still move on without them” — Mandy Hale
313. Only time can heal your broken heart.
314. Love is blind, but a broken heart sees everything
315. “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
316. “Unable are the loved to die. For love is immortality.” — Emily Dickinson
317. “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” —Hermann Hesse
318. “The bottom line is this; when one person stops being a part of your life, another one will come, and fill that empty space. Leave the ones who left in the past, right where they belong, and never look back.” – Ena Snow
319. “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” – Daphne Rose Kingma
320. “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage that we move on to better things.” – Theodore Roosevelt
321. A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.
322. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” – Stelle Atwater
323. “Why did I always end up loving the person who hurt me the most? Why was love so cruel?” – J.C. Reed
324. “My heart no longer felt as if it belonged to me. It now felt as if it had been stolen, torn from my chest by someone who wanted no part of it.” — Meredith Taylor, Churning Water
325. “It is better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.” – Alfred Lord Tennyson
326. I wish I were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.
327. “Life is life a bicycle. To keep you balance you must keep moving.” –Albert Einstein
328. One day you're going to remember me and how much I loved you… then you're going to hate yourself for letting me go. — Aubrey Drake Graham
329. “You can’t have heartbreak without love. If your heart was really broken, then at least you know you really loved him.” — Leila Sales, Past Perfect
330. “In the process of letting go, you will lose many things from the past, but you will find yourself.” – Deepak Chopra
331. “In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.”- Robert Frost
332. “A broken heart does not mean you are broken. The crack is there to let the light in.” – Unknown
333. “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.” ― Laura Kasischke
334. The heart will break, but broken live on.
335. “The past can’t hurt you anymore, not unless you let it.” – Alan Moore
336. There were many ways of breaking a heart. Stories were full of hearts being broken by love, but what really broke a heart was taking away its dream-whatever that dream might be.
337. “Being heartbroken doesn’t mean you stop feeling. Just the opposite — it means you feel it all more.” — Julie Johnson, Erasing Faith
338. “Of course! It takes a lot of strength to mend a broken heart. Channelising energies into your work helps, but also to be able to accept situations for what they are instead of questioning them helps immensely.” – Deepika Padukone
339. “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” – Faraaz Kazi
340. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” – Deborah Reber
341. “You didn’t break my heart; you freed it.” — Steve Maraboli
342. “To fall in love is awfully simple, but to fall out of love is simply awful.” — Bess Myerson
343. “Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken, it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way.” — Charles Kingsley
344. Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.
345. Jewish Proverb "God is closest to those with broken hearts"
346. “Your experience of grief is powerful, yet so is your ability to love and heal.” – Unknown
347. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” – Shannon L Alder
348. “This time I wouldn’t forget him, because I couldn’t ever forgive him – for breaking my heart twice.” — James Patterson, Sundays at Tiffany’s
349. Don’t you EVER break someone’s heart, because they only have one. Break their bones, they have 206 of those!
350. “It is strange how often a heart must be broken. Before the years can make it wise.” ― Sara Teasdale, The Collected Poems
351. “Follow your own path and let people talk.” –Dante
352. “Don’t let the scars on your heart define the way you love.” – Laura Chouette
353. “You can’t give your heart to a wild thing.” – Truman Capote
354. Sometimes a broken heart can mend something else’s brokenness
355. “Love that remains longest in your heart is the one that is not returned.” — Unknown
356. “We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” – Joseph Campbell
357. “Then his heart, now broken into a thousand pieces, slowly began to turn to ice.” – Morgan Rhodes, Falling Kingdoms
358. “Loving you was like going to war; I never came back the same.” — Warsan Shire
359. “She’s gone. She gave me a pen. I gave her my heart, and she gave me a pen.” — Lloyd Dobler, Say Anything
360. “You can’t buy love, but you can pay heavily for it.” – Henny Youngman
361. “Losing him was like having a hole shot straight through me, a painful, constant reminder, an absence I could never fill.” — Jojo Moyes, After You
362. Human hearts are elastic. They have room for all sorts of passions, and they can break and heal and love again and again.
363. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” – Steve Maraboli
364. “A broken heart is the worst. It’s like having broken ribs. Nobody can see it, but it hurts every time you breathe.” — Unknown
365. “It’s time to say goodbye, but I think goodbyes are sad and I’d much rather say hello. Hello to a new adventure.” – Ernie Harwell
366. “I gave you my heart, I just didn’t expect to get it back in pieces.” — Unknown
367. There are a million ways to lose someone you love.
368. “You left with my soul in your fists and my heart in your teeth, and I don’t want either of them back.” — Colleen Hoover, November 9
369. You find out what you are made of when you have a broken heart. If it happens early and often, all the better.
370. “When it comes to love and loss, acceptance is never easy. We can’t make someone see all we have to give, make them love us, or make them change. All we can do is move on and stop wasting time.” ― April Mae Monterrosa
371. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”– Deborah Reber
372. “God can heal a broken heart, but He has to have all the pieces.”- Unknown
373. When you go through heartbreak, you just do the things that get you by. Eventually, you realize it’s about making the most of life.
374. No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.
375. “Perhaps someday I’ll crawl back home, beaten, defeated. But not as long as I can make stories out of my heartbreak, beauty out of sorrow.” — Sylvia Plath
376. “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” – Mary Manin Morrissey
377. “Never let a bad person change your inner goodness.” – Karen Salmansohn
378. “You're going to wake up one day and realize what you've done, and you're going to regret the time you wasted apart from him for the rest of your life.” — Jamie McGuire, Providence
379. “So it’s true, when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” – E.A. Bucchianeri
380. “Back then, in those first days, I was so alone that every day was like eating my own heart.” — Junot Diaz, This is How You Lose Her
381. “I gave you the best of me.” — Nicholas Sparks, The Best of Me
382. “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.”― Mineko Iwasaki
383. “Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.”- Mark Twain
384. Using Workplace Giving Programs During The Season Of Giving
385. “If you want to fly on the sky, you need to leave the earth. If you want to move forward, you need to let go the past that drags you down.” – Amit Ray
386. “Love hurts worse than getting slammed by a 250-pound linebacker.” — Miranda Kenneally
387. “I wanted love to conquer all. But love can't conquer anything.” — David Levithan, Every Day
388. “Breaking up. It happens kind of suddenly. One minute, you’re holding hands walking down the street, and the next minute, you’re lying on the floor crying and all the good CDs are missing.” – Kennedy Kasares
389. I know my heart will never be the same but I’m telling myself I’ll be okay.
390. “If love is like driving a car, then I must be the worst driver in the world. I missed all the signs and ended up lost.” — Brian MacLearn
391. “The world breaks everyone, and afterward, some are strong at the broken places.” — Ernest Hemingway
392. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.” – Stephen King
393. “Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass – It’s about learning how to dance in the rain.” – Vivian Greene
394. “Heartbreak could be lived with if it weren’t accompanied by regret.” – Laura Kasischke
395. “The human heart is the only thing whose worth increases the more it is broken.” — Shakieb Orgunwall
396. “I wish I could hurt you the way you hurt me. But I know that if I had the chance, I wouldn’t do it.” — Unknown
397. “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
398. When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.
399. “You wanted to see the world. And yet, all I want is to see you.” — Sade Andria Zabala, Coffee and Cigarettes
400. “There is an ocean of silence between us… and I am drowning in it.”― Ranata Suzuki
401. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't.” — Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
402. “Being heartbroken doesn’t mean you stop feeling. Just the opposite—it means you feel it all more.” ― Julie Johnson
403. ‘Hearts are breakable,’ Isabelle said. ‘And I think even when you heal, you’re never what you were before.’
404. “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.”– Helen Hollick
405. “I’ve been heartbroken. I’ve broken hearts. That’s part of life, and it’s part of figuring out who you are so you can find the right partner. – Heidi Klum
406. “Life goes on… with or without you.” – Faraaz Kazi
407. “Lonely’s a different kind of pain, it doesn’t hurt as bad as heartbreak. I preferred it and embraced it ‘cause I reckoned it was one or the other.” — Kristen Ashley, For You
408. “So here’s the thing with broken hearts. No matter how you try, the pieces never fit the way they did before.” — Arianapoetess
409. “No matter how hard your heart is broken, the world doesn’t stop for your grief.” —Faraaz Kazi
410. “Thinking of you is a poison I drink often.” — Atticus
411. “Love is only made more valuable by the risk of heartbreak.” – Alessandra Torre
412. “A broken heart is just the growing pains necessary so that you can love more completely when the real thing comes along.” – J.S.B. Morse
413. “You only struggle because you’re ready to grow but aren’t willing to let go.” – Drew Gerald
414. “Love is only made more valuable by the risk of heartbreak.” ― Alessandra Torre
415. “A heartbreak is a blessing from God. It’s just his way of letting you realize he saved you from the wrong one.” — Unknown
416. “When the wrong people leave your life, the right things start to happen.” – Unknown
417. “You are responsible for your life. You can’t keep blaming somebody else for your dysfunction. Life is really about moving on.” – Oprah Winfrey
418. “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” ― Mark Twain
419. We only said goodbye with words. I died a hundred times. You go back to her, and I go back to black.” — Amy Winehouse, “Back to Black”
420. “The darkest night is often the bridge to the brightest tomorrow.” — Jonathan Lockwood Huie
421. “When your heart is broken, your boats are burned: nothing matters anymore. It is the end of happiness and the beginning of peace.” ― George Bernard Shaw
422. If your heart is broken, make art with the pieces.
423. “I think heartbreak is something you learn to live with as opposed to learn to forget.” — Kate Winslet
424. “Note to heart: Don’t keep running back to the person you should be walking away from.” – Karen Salmansohn
425. “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
426. “The truth is, unless you let go, unless you forgive yourself, unless you forgive the situation, unless you realize that the situation is over, you cannot move forward.”– Steve Maraboli
427. Think about any attachments that are depleting your emotional reserves. Consider letting them go.
428. “Pain will leave you, when you let go.” – Unknown
429. “Every time your heart is broken, a doorway cracks open to a world full of new beginnings, new opportunities.” — Patti Roberts, The Angels Are Here
430. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” – Joel Osteen
431. “And perhaps there is a limit to the grieving that the human heart can do. As when one adds salt to a tumbler of water, there comes a point where simply no more will be absorbed.” — Sarah Waters, The Little Stranger
432. “Only time can heal your broken heart. Just as only time can heal his broken arms and legs.” — Jim Henson
433. “Letting go isn’t a one-time thing, it’s something you have to do every day, over and over again.” – Dawson’s Creek
434. “What a painful thing to taste forever in the eyes of someone who doesn’t see the same.” — Perry Poetry
435. “Heaven doesn’t ignore cries of a broken heart.” – Toba Beta
436. “You can love them, forgive them, want good things for them, but still move on without them.” – Mandy Hale
437. “Don’t waste your time looking back at what you lost. Move on, life is not meant to be traveled backwards.” – Unknown
438. Has someone made you heartbroken? Then, why are you still thinking of him?
439. “Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don't.” ― Stephen King, Hearts in Atlantis
440. “He loved me. He loved me, but he doesn’t love me anymore, and it’s not the end of the world.” — Jennifer Weiner, Good in Bed
441. “The hardest thing you can do is smile when you are ill, in pain, or depressed. But this no-cost remedy is a necessary first half-step if you are to start on the road to recovery.” – Allen Klein
442. Sometimes a little heartbreak is a lesson, and the best thing to do is just learn the lesson.
443. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can break. Sometimes I think it would be better if we died when they did, but we don’t.
444. When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.
445. “I’d rather have a broken arm than a broken heart.” – Christie Brinkley
446. “When your heart is broken, you plant seeds in the cracks and you pray for rain.” — Andrea Gibson
447. “Never love with all your heart, it only ends in aching.” – Countee Cullen
448. “Two words. Three vowels. Four consonants. Seven letters. It can either cut you open to the core and leave you in ungodly pain or it can free your soul and lift a tremendous weight off your shoulders. The phrase is: It's over.” — Maggi Richard
449. And if I cannot be in your life, then at least let me live in your heart.” ― Ranata Suzuki
450. “You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.” – Unknown