1. “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily. ” –Lil’ Kim
2. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” —Jane Howard, journalist.
3. Family love is messy, clinging, and of an annoying and repetitive pattern, like bad wallpaper. – Friedrich Nietzsche
4. I’m very fortunate to have been raised in my family. I learned early about the importance of giving back. – Patrick Schwarzenegger
5. “In the family sandwich, the older people and the younger ones can recognize one another as the bread. Those in the middle are, for a time, the meat.” —Anna Quindlen, journalist and author. If you like these funny family quotes, check out our favorite funny quotes and our favorite funny friendship quotes.
6. “Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.”
7. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. — Menacheim Begin
8. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family. ” — Mother Teresa
9. “Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So… get on your way.”
10. “Stick to the basics, hold on to your family and friends – they will never go out of fashion. ” – Niki Taylor
11. “Home is people. Not a place. If you go back there after the people are gone, then all you can see is what is not there any more. ”― Robin Hobb
12. “Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing. ” – Donna Hedges
13. The black sheep blazes the trail for other family members to follow when they finally see the wolf. – Iyanla Vanzant
14. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” —Richard Bach, writer. RD.COM
15. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home. ” – Anthony Liccione
16. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” —George Burns, comedian. Maybe hold off from sharing these funny family quotes with those family members.
17. You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.¨ — Khalil Gibran
18. The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart. – Elisabeth Foley
19. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues… are created, strengthened and maintained. ” – Winston Churchill
20. ¨A man should never neglect his family for business. — Walt Disney
21. “A daughter without her mother is a woman broken. It is a loss that turns to arthritis and settles deep into her bones. ” ― Kristin Hannah
22. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst. ” ― Marjorie Pay Hinckley
23. “My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. ” ― Rick Riordan
24. The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
25. “Family members can be your best friends, you know. And best friends, whether or not they are related to you, can be your family.” —Trenton Lee Stewart, author. These 63 best friend quotes sum up the value of friendship.
26. The most important thing in the world is family and love. ” – John Wooden
27. “There is no doubt that it is around the family and the home that all the greatest virtues, the most dominating virtues of human, are created, strengthened, and maintained.” —Winston Churchill. Check out these comically candid cartoons about politics and money.
28. “You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.” —Frederick Buechner, novelist. These are the 12 questions you’ll want to ask your parents before it’s too late.
29. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” —Richard Bach, writer. These are the 17 secrets of happy families everyone should know.
30. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” —Alex Haley, author of Roots: The Saga of an American Family. Read 35 life-changing quotes you won’t forget.
31. “A family is a bunch of people who keep confusing you with someone you were as a kid. ” – Robert Brault
32. “The family is the first essential cell of human society. ” – Pope John XXIII
33. “That's what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you're not so lovable. ”― Deb Caletti
34. “Family isn’t something that’s supposed to be static, or set. People marry in, divorce out. They’re born, they die. It’s always evolving, turning into something else. ” ― Sarah Dessen
35. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one. ” — Jane Howard
36. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.”
37. “Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.”
38. A woman can keep one secret the secret of her age. - Author: Voltaire
39. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”
40. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the heck she is. ” ― Ellen DeGeneres
41. You can't love him," he whispers. I've waited so long. Why the boy? Why is it he that pounded a hole through the wall? - Author: Kelsey Sutton
42. “A family is a unit composed not only of children but of men, women, an occasional animal, and the common cold.” —Ogden Nash, poet. For more funny family quotes and moments, check out our favorite funny family movies.
43. The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going. — George Carlin
44. I don't think quantity time is as special as quality time with your family. — Reba McEntire
45. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life. ” – Albert Einstein
46. How many pictures have you torn up because you hate them? What ends up in your scrapbook? The pictures where you look like a good guy and a good family man, and the children look adorable - and they're screaming the next minute. I've never seen a family album of screaming people. - Author: Richard Avedon
47. “Families are like fudge—mostly sweet with a few nuts.” —Les Dawson, comedian.RD.COM
48. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces. ” – George Santayana
49. You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges. — Elizabeth Berg
50. “Families are like fudge–mostly sweet, with a few nuts. ” — Les Dawson
51. “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world. ”― Napoleon Bonaparte
52. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it. ” — Peter Buffett
53. “The love in our family flows strong and deep, leaving us memories to treasure and keep.” —Anonymous
54. “Don’t give up. I believe in you all. A person’s a person no matter how small.”
55. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” —Friedrich Nietzsche, philosopher. If you love these family quotes, be sure to check out these heartwarming Mother’s Day quotes with your mom.
56. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” —Albert Einstein.
57. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it. ”― Ann Brashares
58. ¨Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship. ¨ — Margaret Mead
59. “If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles. – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
60. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” —Lisa Weed, author of Parenting Toolbox. Like these family quotes, these uplifting quotes will stay with you for a long time.
61. “Having a family is like having a bowling alley installed in your brain. ” — Martin Mull
62. “In truth, a family is what you make it. It is made strong, not by number of heads counted at the dinner table, but by the rituals you help family members create, by the memories you share, by the commitment of time, caring, and love you show to one another, and by the hopes for the future you have as individuals and as a unit.” —Marge Kennedy, author of Pets at the White House. These funny family photos are hilariously awkward.
63. “My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me. ” – Michael Imperioli
64. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony. ” – Friedrich Nietzsche
65. Family accents are to be accepted as the ideal language of life and love. – J. Ruby
66. “Some people are worth melting for. ” – Olaf
67. So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty. — Haniel Long
68. “You go through life wondering what is it all about but at the end of the day it’s all about family.” —Rod Stewart, singer. Now that you’ve read these family quotes, curl up with the best book quotes from 50 of our favorite books.
69. My mother used to tell me that when push comes to shove, you always know who to turn to. That being a family isn't a social construct but an instinct. — Jodi Picoult
70. “And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed.”
71. “There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy, or more exasperated, or more secure. ” – Jim Butcher
72. “Remember and honor family who have come and gone before you, because they had a hand in shaping who you are.”
73. ¨I know all those words, but that sentence makes no sense to me. ”― Matt Groening
74. “Good price. Tracking system did not give accurate information.”
75. “Home is where you are loved the most and act the worst.” —Marjorie Pay Hinckley, author.
76. “In all of us there is a hunger, marrow-deep, to know our heritage- to know who we are and where we have come from. Without this enriching knowledge, there is a hollow yearning. No matter what our attainments in life, there is still a vacuum, an emptiness, and the most disquieting loneliness. ”
77. “If you could see your ancestors all standing in a row,
78. “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only - and that is to support the ultimate career. ” ― C. S. Lewis
79. A dysfunctional family is any family with more than one person in it. — Mary Karr
80. “A home without a grandmother is like an egg without salt.”
81. “The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life’s essential unfairness.” —Nancy Mitford, novelist. Find out the 18 skills you learn growing up in a big family.
82. I have a wonderful shelter, which is my family. — José Carreras
83. My greatest pleasure is spending time with my family. — Siri Hustvedt
84. Isn't this history, and aren't we a couple of ruins?
85. ¨There is no such thing as fun for the whole family. ¨ — Jerry Seinfeld
86. “Ohana means family and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. ” – Stitch
87. “Family is family. ” – Linda Linney
88. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.”
89. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” —Leo Tolstoy, novelist. Families can be difficult, but these forgiveness quotes will help inspire you to let go.
90. “Family: A social unit where the father is concerned with parking space, the children with outer space, and the mother with closet space. ” – Evan Esar
91. “Families are like branches on a tree. We grow in different directions yet our roots remain as one.” —Anonymous. Read these amazing dad quotes for Father’s Day.
92. “Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.”
93. In every conceivable manner, the family is a link to our past, bridge to our future.— Alex Haley
94. A happy family is but an earlier heaven. - George Bernard Shaw
95. “When trouble comes, it’s your family that supports you. ” – Guy Lafleur
96. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough. ”― Walt Whitman
97. “Nothing like watching your relatives fight, I always say. ”― Rick Riordan
98. “That sounds terrific, thought Cary, just you, your comatose wife your shell-shocked son, and your daughter who hates your guts. Not to mention that your two kids may be in love with each other. Yeah, that sounds like a perfect family reunion. ” ― Cassandra Clare
99. “Then I discovered that being related is no guarantee of love!”― Stieg Larsson
100. “I meant what I said, and I said what I meant. An elephant’s faithful, one hundred percent.”
101. The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn't intended. — Robert Frost
102. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything. ” –Michael J. Fox
103. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family. ” – Philip Green
104. To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there. — Barbara Bush
105. “‘Ohana’ means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” —Lilo & Stitch. See how well you know your Disney trivia.
106. “The family–that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to. ” – Dodie Smith
107. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family. ” ― Anthony Brandt
108. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” —Anthony Brandt, composer. For more family quotes, read up on these mother-daughter quotes and mother-son quotes.
109. I was at number one in Australia with both my album and my single. And then I was told I had cancer. I thought, 'What a strange turn of events. - Author: Delta Goodrem
110. “It seems that there is never enough time to do it right, but there is always time to fix it.”
111. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” —Mother Teresa. Don’t miss these 12 other Mother Teresa quotes to live by.
112. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness. ” –John C. Maxwell
113. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other. ” – Mario Puzo
114. “All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.” —Leo Tolstoy, novelistRD.COM
115. “Don’t cry because it’s over. Smile because it happened.”
116. “The family is the test of freedom; because the family is the only thing that the free man makes for himself and by himself. ” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
117. “You need a rock-solid foundation of friends and family to keep you where you need to be. ” — Lilly Singh
118. Treat me like a princess, and I'll blow you like a king - Author: Angela Richardson
119. A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it. — George A. Moore
120. “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst. ” – Marge Kennedy
121. “In time of test, family is best. ” – Burmese Proverb
122. Step parents are not around to replace a biological parent, rather to augment a child’s life experience. – Azriel Johnson
123. “Friends are the family you choose. ”― Jess C. Scott
124. “The greatest moments in life are not concerned with selfish achievements but rather with the things we do for the people we love and esteem.” —Walt Disney. These Walt Disney quotes will inspire you to dream big.
125. “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family. ”― Jonathan Safran Foer
126. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos. ” –Harry Morgan
127. If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace. – Nhat Hanh
128. “I walk beside you, where ever you are, whatever it takes, no matter how far.”
129. “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family. ” – Jim Butcher
130. “Family quarrels are bitter things. They don’t go according to any rules. They’re not like aches or wounds, they’re more like splits in the skin that won’t heal because there’s not enough material.” —F. Scott Fitzgerald, novelist. You’ll want to read these uplifting quotes again and again.
131. “Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family.” —Paul Pearsall, neuropsychologist.
132. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life. ” – Lisa Weed
133. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.” —Deb Caletti, novelist
134. “From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.”
135. “Families are like fudge—mostly sweet with a few nuts.” —Les Dawson, comedian. If you’ve been stuck inside with your family during COVID-19, you’re sure to get a laugh from these quarantine quotes that are actually pretty funny.
136. Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. — Paul Pearsall
137. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” —George Santayana, philosopher. Read 50 of the most beautiful nature quotes.
138. “Life is beautiful. It’s about giving. It’s about family. ” – Walt Disney
139. Family is the most important thing in the world. — Princess Diana
140. “Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark. ”― Pierce Brown
141. Children, look, Great-Aunt Lavinia! She was beheaded by her own children! – Uncle Fester
142. “Family: where life begins and love never ends.” —Anonymous. Like short family quotes, you can also memorize these 50 Chinese proverbs worth reciting.
143. Families are the compass that guide us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. – Brad Henry
144. “We inherit from our ancestors gifts so often taken for granted… Each of us contains within… this inheritance of soul. We are links between the ages, containing past and present expectations, sacred memories and future promise.” –
145. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family. ” –Coco
146. “The greatest gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you. ” — Kendall Hailey
147. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family. ” – Mitch Albom
148. A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss... That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all. — Brad Pitt
149. “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it. ” ― Shannon L. Alder
150. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city. ” ― George Burns
151. In a lot of my films, the biggest theme is family, making families out of those around you. – Taika Waititi
152. “The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family. ” – Lee Iacocca
153. I think togetherness is an important ingredient of family life. ” — Barbara Bush
154. It’s okay to cut ties with toxic friends and family you’ve got to prioritize your own well-being. – Brenden Dilley
155. “If you never did, you should. These things are fun, and fun is good.”
156. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse. . . and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum. ” ― Rick Riordan
157. “In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future.” —Alex Haley, author of Roots: The Saga of an American Family.RD.COM
158. “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” —Elizabeth Berg, author of The Confession Club. Make happy memories with these mini family vacations won’t break the bank.
159. “The love of family and the admiration of friends are much more important than wealth and privilege. ” — Charles Kuralt
160. The capacity for friendship is God's way of apologizing for our families.” ― Jay McInerney
161. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”
162. Christmas is the season of joy, of holiday greetings exchanged, of gift-giving, and of families united. – Norman Vincent Peale
163. “Nothing purchased can come close to the renewed sense of gratitude for having family and friends. ” – Courtland Milloy
164. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing. ” – Irina Shayk
165. “Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten. ” — David Ogden Stiers
166. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter. ” – Brad Henry
167. “Come, look with me inside this drawer,
168. The world, we'd discovered, doesn't love you like your family loves you. — Louis Zamperini
169. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance. ”
170. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” —Brad Henry, former governor of Oklahoma. These happiness quotes will inspire you to see the light.
171. “Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future. ” – Gail Lumet Buckley
172. A man should never neglect his family for business. – Walt Disney
173. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they're out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something. ”― Chuck Palahniuk
174. “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. ” –Romans 12:9
175. All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way. — Leo Tolstoy
176. “Peace is the beauty of life. It is sunshine. It is the smile of a child, the love of a mother, the joy of a father, the togetherness of a family. It is the advancement of man, the victory of just cause, the triumph of truth.” —Menachem Begin, former prime minister of Israel. These stories of foster kids finding forever homes will melt your heart.
177. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches. ” – Wanda Hope Carter
178. “A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it.” —George Moore, novelist. This family raised a baby goose for a year—20 years later, it returned home.
179. “When we have each other, we have everything.” —Anonymous. Sometimes short family quotes say it the best. Check out the funniest family vacation stories that you’ll relate to.
180. “I sustain myself with the love of family. ”― Maya Angelou
181. “The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended—and not to take a hint when a hint is not intended.” —Robert Frost, poet. Next, check out these sweet grandma quotes.
182. ¨You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. ¨ — Desmond Tutu