1. “I am cantankerous. ” ― John Witherspoon
2. “C’mon, put up your dukes. ” ― John Witherspoon
3. “St. Louis is an excellent city. ” ― John Witherspoon
4. “Versace? You can’t even spell Versace. ” ― John Witherspoon
5. “Never read a book through merely because you have begun it.”
6. “I always tell comics you got to hang with your stand-up. ” ― John Witherspoon
7. Don't nobody go in the bathroom for about 35, 45 minutes. Somebody open a window.
8. Some say men are distinguished from brutes by reason, and certainly this, either in kind or degree, is the most honorable of our distinctions.
9. The people in general ought to have regard to the moral character of those whom they invest with authority either in the legislative, executive, or judicial branches.
10. “Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen. In the goddamn refrigerator. Eatin’ up all the food. All the chitlins… All the pigs’ feet… All the collard greens… All the hog maws. I wanna eat them chitlins… I like pigs’ feet. ” ― John Witherspoon
11. I hope the bathroom is clean. If it ain't, I don't give a damn.
12. He think he a mack. Macaroni.
13. “My father was a preacher so I wouldn’t sing at all when he was around, but as soon as he locked the door, ‘La la la. ’” ― John Witherspoon
14. “Think of this, last year at this time, you had won the Lotto, over a million dollars. Anybody else would be living in the French Riviera. You’re back at cooking pigs’ feet here with me at Bros. B-B-B-Bar-B-Q. ” ― John Witherspoon
15. The faculties of the mind are commonly divided into three kinds, the understanding, the will, and the affections; though perhaps it is proper to observe, that there are not three qualities wholly distinct, as if they were three different beings, but different ways of exerting the same principle.
16. “I’m sick of all these boring cooking shows. ” ― John Witherspoon
17. Now you see, son. You gotta let us know when you leave the house. What if you got killed tonight? We'd have to bury you. You know how much a funeral costs these days?
18. I think we may say with certainty, that infinite perfection, intellectual and moral, are united and inseparable in the Supreme Being.
19. “You drink up the milk, don’t care what kind of milk it is. You don’t care, 2 percent, 3 percent, buttermilk. Patent milk, pull the cow on a patent milk can, I bet you eat that too. ” ― John Witherspoon
20. “If something is too risque, don’t watch it. ” ― John Witherspoon
21. Get You The Moon - Kina
22. “Don’t nobody go in the bathroom for about 35, 45 minutes. Somebody open a window. ” ― John Witherspoon
23. Considering man as an individual, we discover the most obvious and remarkable circumstances of his nature, that he is a compound of body and spirit.
24. “When you’re hungry, everything tastes good. ” ― John Witherspoon
25. “I smelled your shit for 22 years, now you can smell mine for five minutes. ” ― John Witherspoon
26. “You Win Some You Lose Some But You Live You Live To Fight Another Day”
27. “Hey, young man. You got knocked the fuck out. ” ― John Witherspoon
28. Men are not generally sufficiently aware of the distinction between the law of God and his purpose; they are apt to suppose, that as the temper of the sinner is contrary to the one, so the outrages of the sinner are able to defeat the other; than which nothing can be more false.
29. “This is my boy. I’m the only one who can yell at him. Where the hell you been?” ― John Witherspoon
30. “Men are not generally sufficiently aware of the distinction between the law of God and his purpose; they are apt to suppose, that as the temper of the sinner is contrary to the one, so the outrages of the sinner are able to defeat the other; than which nothing can be more false.”
31. “How the hell you go get fired on your day off?” ― John Witherspoon
32. Every time I come in the kitchen, you in the kitchen... in the goddamn refrigerator... eating up all the food. All the chicken. All the pig feet.
33. I grab a dog... and I choke him, and I kick the _ out of him... and I... All day long, my foot up a dog's _. Just bang, bang, bang up his _.
34. “I’m every father. I’m not only a black father. I’m a white father. I’m a Chinese father. I’m a Mexican father. I’m all fathers that want their sons out of the house and stop eating up all the food. Get a job, please. Stop looking at the TV. ” ― John Witherspoon
35. It is only the fear of God that can deliver us from the fear of man.
36. Never rise to speak till you have something to say; and when you have said it, cease.
37. “The word got out that I can ad-lib very well. ” ― John Witherspoon
38. Pope John XXIII ‘s quote about children,father. It is easier for a…
39. You kids today ain't nothing but punks. Sissified. So quick to pick up a gun. You scared to take an _ whipping.
40. “You ain’t gonna drop no stinky loads here. Anybody drop stinky loads, it’s gonna be me. ” – John Witherspoon
41. The knowledge of God and his truths have from the beginning of the world been chiefly, if not entirely confined to those parts of the earth where some degree of liberty and political justice were to be seen, and great were the difficulties with which they had to struggle, from the imperfection of human society, and the unjust decisions of usurped authority.
42. I bet y'all drinking that wine. Smoking them tweeds and everything.
43. “When you’re poor, an egg sandwich is dinner and you cut your potatoes with a butter knife. ” – John Witherspoon
44. There is scarcely anything more harmless than political or party malice. It is best to leave it to itself. Opposition and contradiction are the only means of giving it life or duration.
45. It is very evident that both the prophets in the Old Testament and the apostles in the New are at great pains to give us a view of the glory and dignity of the person of Christ.
46. Of the will it is usual to enumerate four acts; desire, aversion, joy, and sorrow. The two last, Hutchinson says, are superfluous, in which he seems to be right.
47. “Now you see, son. You gotta let us know when you leave the house. What if you got killed tonight? We’d have to bury you. You know how much a funeral costs these days?” ― John Witherspoon
48. “If I hit the lotto, I would be nowhere near the road. But I got bills to pay. ” ― John Witherspoon
49. “But what kind of society will we have if our responsibilities are set by man, and not by God?”
50. _. You ain't gonna drop no stinky loads here. Anybody drop stinky loads, it's gonna be me.
51. “I hope the bathroom is clean. If it ain’t, I don’t give a damn. ” ― John Witherspoon
52. The greatest life quote of all time original sound - Churchaboya
53. “Well, I’ll tell you one thing: round here, you go to work, you go to school. First of the month, the rent is due. ” ― John Witherspoon
54. Everything is wonderful. Yeah, boy!
55. “Nothing is more certain than that a general profligacy and corruption of manners make a people ripe for destruction. A good form of government may hold the rotten materials together for some time, but beyond a certain pitch, even the best constitution will be ineffectual, and slavery must ensue. On the other hand, when the manners of a nation are pure, when true religion and internal principles maintain their vigour, the attempts of the most powerful enemies to oppress them are commonly baffled and disappointed. . . .