Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Alan Thomson
Title: Founder and Director
Organisation: Reliance Leadership
Have founded 3 businesses in the last 25 years. Background in Project Management as a Civil Engineer working in the Building Construction Industry. Current business in Leadership Development and Investment
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To serve others in humility and kindness
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I have always been a leaders from school days and even after in rugby union as a patrol leader in scouts and then in the church leading many different groups of people to being a Pastor in the church
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Prayer first and with Him and His Word, then from there as He directs
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Maintain a routine then what to do if broken.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
5 Levels of Leadership by John Maxwell. Define reality and then give hope.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be one who sees ahead and can inspire the vision to all and sundry.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Asking a class (50) of year 10 at the Kings School what is the most important attribute of a leader today - Majority of class said "Accept responsibility for your actions"