Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
Antonio Novillo Suarez
helps you in your leadership.
Antonio Novillo Suarez
Name: Antonio Novillo Suarez
Title: Founder, Advisor and CIOO
Senior Technology, Transformation, and Operations executive with 30 years’ experience in Asset Management, Wealth Management, Capital Markets, Retail and Manufacturing across North America, EMEA and Asia.
Proven success driving improved client and product experience, through front-to-back transformation of the product, technology and operations stack. Expertise in both strategy and execution, partnering with global teams to achieve success efficiently and effectively. Purpose driven leader focused on personal and professional development of peers and teammates.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The expectation of being a perfect leader and the journey of becoming an authentic leader.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Well as with most leaders, you take the route of being particularly good in something and my something was delivering complex project/programmes across disciplines.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have a vision that is broken down to slices that I work towards - having said that I focus on the outcome and have delivery schedule that is as such outcome driven. Clearly there are urgent things, that need immediate attention and escalations but other than that, I try to lead and work outcome-driven.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Walk the talk and never forget that in most, if not all organizations there is a "hidden layer" of leadership that is out for different goals. Learn to work with them.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Who moved my cheese - by Spencer Johnson - change is never easy!
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Listen - list to the obvious and the things in-between the lines!
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Drive change with passion, believe and alignment! No matter how small or big the change is - be resilient and do not burn bridges while you want to be right/execute - find consensuses without jeopardizing the outcome.