Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Archibald Mangwende
Organisation: Msasa Spares Mart
I am a male, working on the automotive industry for the past 30 years. I am married, with 3 children.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Leading people of different backgrounds and age groups.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Through promotion and work and being examplary at my church.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Make sure first things first. I wake up prepare myself for work. Get to the office and make sure everyone is punctual.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
As a leader you are a servant of the people and must listen to everyone.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The art of war for executives by Sun Tzu. Has practical examples how you should lead.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
You should burn the bridges because you are now a leader and at a different stage.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
When covid came I had to prove my leadership qualities and lead from the front.