Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: David Dunning
David is the founder and Chairman of CPS limited, a UK based Microsoft Partner.
He has also founded the Core P3M Data Club - a community interest company which has created the Business Integrated Governance Model.
David is also the co founder of Deepteam - a consulting company based on associates with specialisms from strategy to corporate governance, change, information technology,, portfolio, programme and product management, and busienss support.
David has a family with 2 sons and a cat.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Maintaining energy levels when finding it hard to build momentum
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I think we all just find ourselves leading - it is innate. Some people just poke their heads above the parapet. From a work perspective - it was when I left paid employment with the aspiration to create a new company.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I don't. I enjoy the variety and spontaneity when it happens.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Don't tell lies, but you don't always have to tell the full truth. It is OK to leave some things left unsaid.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Brian Clough autobiography. It's all about people.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Can't think of one that sticks out