Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
Dr. Alexandra Barlow
helps you in your leadership.
Dr. Alexandra Barlow
Name: Dr. Alexandra Barlow
Organisation: Aleazan Deamas Pty Ltd
As a CEO of several brands, I also serve as the Executive Chairman on MRT Brothers PTY LD. Having completed my LLD and 4 major PHDs. Learning and defining good work ethic principles and values which grow and enrich lives is my passion.
People in business don't consist of just the management, they consist of the men and woman who need good leadership, I invest strongly in that
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
As a leader, I enjoy working with the macro economics of any Company.
I find people don't really understand the simple basics of budget and also how to get their MVP to bring them business. Market Research and Development is something, I enjoy training my staff on. To be equipped for future success starts with a good understanding of the environment you work in.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I built each Company by understanding the needs of good marketing and excellent customer service. Advancing to improve from feedback and raising the bar each time we strive to do better and be better.
Also understanding and listening to my staff and guiding them into a 360 degree approach one step at a time.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I start work at 4am and get the difficulty sorted and the day prepared, by 8pm the staff are well on their way to obtaining results while I Concerntrate on growth and innovation. I am home by 4pm and then it's just precious time with my family.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Leadership requires trust, it's vital however recently I have learned some employees, are not equipped to take senior roles, they may believe that an excellent job is done, but lack the reporting ability to inform arising issues, without their input, or their ability to learn it can have negative impacts.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
Your habits if understood and practiced set a path way to working successfully toward your goals one effective day at a time.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Rome wasn't built in a day, work hard, stay focused, work harder when it feels like it's failing. Take nothing for granted. As Rome was not built in a day it can burn in one.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
A client had a massive issue and he didn't know how to resolve it, with 72 hours the problem was resolved.