Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
Dr. Suresh Gaur
helps you in your leadership.
Dr. Suresh Gaur
Name: Dr. Suresh Gaur
Title: P R Guru
Organisation: P R 4 You & Public Relations @ Online
Dr. Suresh Gaur, widely acknowledged as P R GURU in India, is a PR & Communication Expert. He has over 28 years experience of planning, strategising and execution of communication programs including 14 years of teaching Public Relations, Advertising and Event Management at various top notch media colleges i.e. ASCO-AU, IIMC, SPCC&M-BVB, IMSIT-YMCA and DSJ-DU of Delhi NCR as a Visiting Professor.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
How to tackle People mindset, attitude and belief to whom you're to lead from the front.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
One becomes a leader due to his virtues and same happened with me.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
My day starts at 5.30am in the morning and stops at 10.30pm. On weekdays i.e. Monday to Friday, I work from 11am to 6pm.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Believe in yourself
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I don't read books to learn leadership. For me one's life is the best book to understand relationship and crises management.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Keep your eyes and ears open and mouth shut. It means be ready to observe people around you and listen to them patiently. Use your mouth when your required to speak what is appropriate - desirable. Know your strengths and weaknesses and work on your weeknesses and turn them into strengths.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?