Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Enver Kannur
Organisation: ADPL LLP
Chartered Accountant (ACCA) qualified
Lots of Board meeting experiences in. Not for profit organisations
Interested in Metaverse and AI
Traveller and a Foodie
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Being able to listen more than reply
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I don’t call myself a leader but try to see all the points of view and try to help others to achieve their full potential. If that’s makes a leader than so be it
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I try to do at least 20-30 minutes exercise every morning
After that a quick breakfast of yoghurt with fruit and nuts waves down with a green tea.
If I am woken up early then, I try to answer the emails and any other messages before breakfast.
Then to the office for the meetings and more emails.
The evening usually is time to meet friends / family for a nice dinner if.
It at home for a dinner. Than reading before going to sleep.
Always have at least 2/3 books on the home at the same time.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Listening is more difficult than answering Nobody seems to listen to understand what’s been said/ asked but people listen to answer.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Number of books but one book that comes to mind is Covey’s
7 Things Successful people do
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Learn from early on to accept that you don’t know everything and not knowing it all does not make you a bad leader and accepting that others might be better at some things helps you to become a better leader
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Not a story but a continuously,
Saying Thank You and treating everyone the same!