Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Kylie Towie
Title: Managing Director
Organisation: Kylie Towie & Associates
Kylie Towie is a senior executive that helps organisations translate strategy into implementation. With over 20+ years experience in Government, health, aged care, ICT, Procurement, Kylie has a remarkable ability to ‘cut through’ to the heart of a problem definition and inspire organisations to deliver success. Kylie has many international and National awards helping organisations transform.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The challenge of executive politics in large organisations.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
My career really started to evolve to senior executive after completing a Master of Business Administration. This helped to ‘round out’ the ability to enhance & influence stakeholders, strategy and innovation transformation. Due to my ability to cut through a problem and implement solutions. I designed a strategy that would assist through pillars that could easily adapt to any industries and deliver results.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Preparation of the day from urgent/important/routine
Reviews & reports.
Review the end of the day.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Patience and resilience.
Recently I become extremely ill. I had to overcome the health issue and remind my self of patience.
Resilience has allowed me to heal and overcome obstacles and become a better executive.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Madam Secretary - Madeline Albright.
Juggling several significant issues in the world of global politics.
The book remained of having resilience, and opportunities to learn.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Patience and education, always look to learn for new skills.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I think that overcoming disappointment after not winning a large promotion after achieving all required KPIs on acting role for the position.
Over come disappointment, enhance resilience and reflect on any lessons learn.