Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Title: Operations Management
Lead two teams , progress in initiating change in a public sector organisation.. would like to become a senior manager
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Dealing with colleagues as same rank who are poor team players
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Use a todo list , prioritise my tasks into urgent non urgent/ important , sometimes delegate some of these to my staff
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Time management is key to succes along with listening and been able to comprise
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Stephen Coveys books, impact on time management and how effective you are as a team leader.. I have learnt some key tips on how to improve it and have put it into practice, it certainly is a motivator to to review and look back what you have achieved for the day
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
The importance of time management, deal with conflict asap, this is the framework to making you more resilient and be mindful of EI
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
How to adapt when challenges arise, recently tasked to deliver a presentation, when I got to my destination, WiFi broke down , had to have a back up plan of using hard copies, which I had to deliver instead of the presentation. The key thing always have plan B , access risks in advance of large tasks