Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Meresiana Kuricava
Organisation: Church institution
Headed the Deaconess Order of the Methodist Church in Fiji. President of Diakonia Asia Pacific. Currently heading an institution for Lay Pastors.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
When male colleagues stand back and is pushed to perform or lead.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
The church gave opportunities to prepare me through further studies.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Being the day at 4am, personal prayer and reading the Bible. Prepare my children for school, serving others, talking to my students, lecture, reflect and plan again for the next day, week, attending meetings,etc.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
To be the first got to be the last.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Wanted Servant Leaders by Gottfried Osei-Mensah. Leadership is service. Leadership is serving others.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
To become good leaders, serving others should be priority.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The story of Jesus who washed his disciples feet, wiped them as a leader and their master.