Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Title: Retired pensioner
Organisation: Jalaka concrete
Left school std 5 worked from photographer to owner to being bankrupt at 20 to start as driver n end up being director of a listed company n after 28 years conflict of interest started a cement company bought a manufacturing company rebranded ran 15 years but during COVID lock down struggled financially but during the July riots in Durban factory was looted with property n life in danger for keeping people in employ n circumstance not conducive decided to have a holiday from working n looking for ways to improve human relations for conducive n peacefull living on our planet by looking after our soil n air n water as money cannot buy these elements for our future generation.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Everybody is a leader one has just got to understand that time is the most valued asset on this planet as life is simple people complicate it.We only have today so we have to be the best in all aspects of duty today as tomorrow will be better but we do not know if we will wake up so be the best today take responsibility for your actions as u will only leave memories.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Open eye shower / prayer /do your best in family responsibility /work responsibilities /community responsibilities /environment/read / walk / play teach / learn shower sleep
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
You cannot control everything there is a lot to learn everyday create the environment to be human to build trust which takes years to build but in seconds destroyed .
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
7 habits of successfull people by Steve Covey good habits makes good character n character makes up family when ones family is happy n secure then society prospers with a good value system
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Surround yourself with people who has good habits as you become like the people u surround yourself with
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
As a photographer earning just 35 Rand's a week was offered 100 a week by another company my uncle who I was working for agreed to let me go on one condition that i open a bank account n deposit the 50 % xtra every week n show him proof that is done weekly and let me go though he needed me badly but could not afford to pay me the rate offered that was 50 years ago today I am 65 the principal is still applied n valid