Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Sagar Chaudhuri
Title: CEO and Co-Founder
HR Tech Entrepreneur with 25 years of experience in the industry across IT, Consulting and Program Management. Worked with companies such as GE, Genpact, Infosys and ICICI Bank in the past. Holds degree in Engineering from IIT Kharagpur and MBA from IIM Lucknow. https://www.linkedin.com/in/sagarchaudhuri/
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Balancing between delegation and oversight. Not getting too involved in the ground level work but at the same time be able to stay in control of the outcomes and be accountable for them.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
From the beginning of my career, I have been leading projects, managing people and resources.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I usually have 2-3 client or other meetings in a workday. I plan my other work and breaks around those.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Its important to get some external inputs or advice from time to time on leadership.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
A Road Less Travelled - a lesson that leadership can be a lonely journey
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be prepared to work harder than your team and don't hesitate to get your hands dirty.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Sometimes we, as leaders need to absorb the pressure and criticism from clients and cushion the impact for the team. This situation has presented itself many times during my career, even very recently.