Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Samson Weldegebriel
A public health master holder, have been engaged in projects managements for the last nine years , an instructor as part timer and small business owner
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Empathy and emotional intelligence
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am from illiterate and poor family. How ever i was effortful person and interested in my education that joined at university and graduated in degree then proceeded to master through self sponsorship. I was promoted as coordinator, team leader due to the diligent work habit ,positive attitude, supportive character, discipline, envisions tomorrow, thankful and optimistic . I got many partners who have interest to work with me, follow my steps and show me positive response to be colleagues.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Wake up at 5 Am
Prayer for 10 minute
plan each day activity
doing exercise for 30 minute
Start to work in private business at down up to 8:00
Taking shower and break fast at 8:00-8:30
Office Work 8:30-12:30
Private business 1:30-2:30
Office Work 2:30-6:30 ( We are in Desert area where 34-40 Celsius )
Private business 6:30-7:30
Back to home 7 :30 then taking shower and family time up to 9:30
Go to bed at 10:00
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Urgency & important matrix
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Law of Attraction( The secret)
The thought that frequently rolling in our mind build our character, the frequent habits we do makes our personality. I am around positive thinks . Due to the i am more empathetic i found my self in charity organization and small business contribute to community revitalization and sensitization I am attracting positive things that take me to realize my vision to have my own non profit organization which wipe the tear of many marginalize, destitute and in need communities to ensure access to education, health, WAsh and technology thorough a collaborative and integrated efforts of concerned bodies and partners
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Life begin at forty ( Japanese Proverb)
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Eagle the way rebuild them selves for bundle of years