Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Sixto Torres
Title: Managing Director
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Deal with the expectations of the people contributing to the organizations. Let collaborators know that their current actions are not contributing to get to the roles they are looking to play in the near future.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Always had the energy to take the lead to make sure things get done. Did a leadership program at GE that helped me to understand the financial and operational side of a business. Those technical habilites plus my personal curiosity led me to leadership roles.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Wake up 4am , meditate 45 min, 15 min to thanks for all I have. Take a coffee and go to the office, get up today with email and communications. From 8 to 5 attend meetings. Make sure to have lunch with a collaborator. 6 pm get back home have dinner and plan for the next day
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
That the most important thing in leadership is your team. You could move to other roles or the company can decide to let you go, people will always back you up.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Who moved my cheese. It always remind me that I need to keep moving and look for new challenges and opportunities.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Trust you, you are better that what you think
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The feedback they gave me about my leader ship style. Too direct and aggressive. I’m so thankful for that opportunity they gave me to became a better leader and person.