7 Questions with Dr. Kanya Hubbard
Name: Dr Kanya Hubbard
Current title: CEO
Current organisation: Dee Jones Inc
I am a the Senior pastor of Praying Hands Ministry and the proud owner of Dee Jones Inc. Consultant and trainer for staffing and recruitment needs, developing sales strategy, negotiating terms and conditions of financial contracts and reports. Discussing and updating daily, weekly, monthly corporate spreadsheets, training new staff members, recruiters and sales representatives on the sales floor. Evaluating branch and client contracts to ensure customer satisfaction.
1. What have you found most challenging as a church leader?
I have not found any challenges as a church leader that I can pinpoint.
2. How did you become a church leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I became a church leader September of 2007 because I felt the Lord was leading me to speak to the youth of this generation.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I have a very structured calendar that keeps me afloat.
4. What's one book apart from the Bible that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
I read a lot of books and cannot truly state what had the most impact. I have been reading lately the book of Enoch and that is super enlightening.
5. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
I would say to keep the flesh from coming forth, especially during such political times.
6. How do you develop a healthy leadership pipeline in a church?
A healthy leadership pipeline starts with open communication.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a church leader so far?
The most memorable would be the first time I gave my testimony. It was so inspiring to so many.