7 Questions with Jeremy Norton
Name: Jeremy Norton
Current title: Lead Pastor
Current organisation: Mountainview Church & LeadBiblically.com
Husband, Father, Pastor, Author, Outdoorsman from Whitehorse, YT, Canada.
1. What have you found most challenging as a church leader?
Change; convincing long-time church members that innovation can reach more people than tradition.
2. How did you become a church leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I was working in sales within the hospitality industry, then the Lord put a significant call on my life. I started attending a Bible college with night classes, got my degree, and never looked back.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Try to wake up at 5:30 each morning for devos. Get most of my creative work (writing / planning / some graphic work for sermon slides / series) completed before 10:00, then meetings and/or other projects.
4. What one book had the most profound impact on your church leadership? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Lasting Impact by Carey Nieuwhof. The conversations in the book gave me the ability to revitalize our leadership, then our entire church. We now provide it as a core material for our Next Steps (newcomers / membership) course.
5. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Calculating online attendance - engagement matters WAY more than views!!!
6. How do you develop a healthy leadership pipeline in a church?
We have an Elder Mentorship program and a Ministry Leader Mentorship Program.
7. If you had to pick just one story, what would be the most meaningful story from your time as a church leader so far?
Stay tuned...my book, “Northern Roads: A Journey of Life and Leadership on the 60th Parallel” just went to the publisher!