7 Questions with Mildred Nitah
Name: Mildred Nitah
Current title: Accountant
Current organisation: Christ Apostolic Church (CAC)
I currently serve as one of the accountants in my church. Been in service for 3 years 6 months now (estimate).
1. What have you found most challenging as a church leader?
The most challenging to me has been attending every meeting and on time. IE attending worker's meetings which we normally have every Sunday before the usual service.
2. How did you become a church leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Sometime in 2017, I was faced with a situation that gave me no option but to seek the face of God and hope for a turnaround. God answered my prayer requests within a short piece of time and exceeded my expectations. I got so inspired that I shared the testimony in church and made a request with my pastor to be a worker in the house of God. He decided to join the accounting team, knowing accounting to be my area of specialty.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Early in the morning when I wake up, I take a few minutes to pray and meditate on God's word. Sometimes I listen to spiritual or motivational messages. I later proceed to take a bath and then drive to work.( Hardly do I take breakfast as I only like to eat when I'm hungry. Never the case in the mornings. lol)
After work, I go through my To-Do List prepared the previous day and take care of what needs to be done. I later return home, shower and proceed to having my dinner. Watch TV for a little while, read, plan for the next day, pray and meditate then bed time.
4. What's one book apart from the Bible that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING By Norman Vincent Peale. This book taught me how to break worry habits and take serious control of my thoughts . Also, that as a leader, having a positive thought pattern can greatly affect one's life and choices.
5. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Listen more and talk less.
6. How do you develop a healthy leadership pipeline in a church?
Create an understanding structure of leadership in the church and delegate roles and responsibilities to each leader. Hire a coach if need arises.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a church leader so far?
Doing God's work diligently makes him take my issues and business seriously.