Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
7 Questions with Christian Skoglund
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Christian Skoglund
Name: Christian Skoglund
Current title: Chief Marketing Officer
Current organisation: GokuMarket.com
Doer, enthusiastic, confident, energetic, dependable, committed, honest, pride in work, detail oriented, problem solver, team player, patient and desire to achieve.
• Strong ability to “partner” with clients to learn needs, recommend solutions, and build relationships.
• Highly motivated and competitive; committed to goal-setting, planning, and follow-through to achieve results.
• Proven communication skills, leadership abilities, and a bottom-line orientation.
• Perform well under pressure and against deadlines, both as independent contributor and team member.
Key areas of expertise: Sales ... marketing … management … troubleshooting … training … promotions … employee motivation … inventory control … presentations … P&L … financial management … vendor relations … prospecting … business start-ups … creative problem-solving.
1. What have you found most challenging as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise?
Most of us know right from wrong and how important it is to keep a positive mind and spirit as we empower the people all around us to be the best version of ourselves that we can! Giving your team the confidence to deliver high quality products and services is always a long-term winning strategy and don't forget to celebrate the successes along the way, no matter how large or small they are! Having fun while focusing on delivering results every single day can be a challenge, but keeping the smile and positive momentum is key in your successful endeavors! GokuMarket is a great example of this!
2. How did you become a CEO or executive of a large enterprise? Can you please briefly tell the story?
In my humble opinion, being an executive is not about the title or the role, it is about holding the quality of your team up to a certain level and being a role model for your team members to help them learn and be the best at what their focus areas are. Everyone who has the right attitude and spirit can be an executive and achieve great results - we just have to ask ourselves if we are ready and willing to take on the adventure!
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
From the moment I wake, I check the pulse on the markets as we provide our community with cryptocurrency related services. Then I exercise right away before taking in a large and healthy breakfast meal and get in front of the computer/desk. Review the prior day stats and results and then have a team call to review our prior day achievements and current daily goals and targets together.
Next we get into action to execute to drive another day of results and take on meetings and calls and stay in action throughout the day. A usual day runs between 12-14 hours of focus and results oriented actions.
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Where there is a will there's a way! You can only show people and aim to lead by example, but at the end, they have to have a genuine desire to achieve themselves for success.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Two books come to mind with The Art of War by Sun Tzu and From Good To Great by James C. Collins. Both worth the read...
6. How do you build leadership capacity in a large enterprise?
Establish clear and measurable KPIs and roles and responsibilities for your organization and leadership and make sure you have team members that are motivated by their achievements. Having the right person in the right role is very important.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise so far?
As much as we all tend to micromanage from time to time, it is also very important to give free hands to your team and let them know what the goal to achieve is and guide them along the journey and let them feel the self achievements.