Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
7 Questions with Julia Hsueh
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Julia Hsueh
Name: Julia Hsueh
Current title: CEO
Company: HomeMade International Limited
1. What have you found most challenging as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise?
The world is changing so quickly whatever the market demand, consumption pattern…etc. How to catch the best chance into the best marketing at the best timing is my challenging of my position.
2. How did you become a CEO or executive of a large enterprise? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I am believing the flower is growing from a bean. Like a leader also needs a lot of experiences on different positions. Their ability has become stronger, powerful, professional and confident by their work experiences and skills. My first job is sales assistant in a trade company after I graduated. I learned a lot of thing hardly on this position whatever factory producing steps, communication with different culture people, how to create biggest profit for my boss and customers…
Those experiences are push me becoming a leader of my company.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I usually work 6-8 hours at my factory. I also spend several hours to reply the mails at midnight to my customers.
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Making some way very tough and unpopular. Inspire my team to believe in the impossible. I think everything has the SOP steps to do as well but before one thing complete, there has no right or wrong. How to reach the win-win between my stuffs and me with customers is so important.
5. What one book has had the most profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
“Rich dad poor dad”
My teacher recommended this book to me.
The same thing used different way to deal it will become different results. It may be one or infinity, you can decide and control what you want to be.
6. How do you build leadership capacity in a large enterprise?
The detail and the reason are very important to me.
How, Why, What, Who, When, S.W.O.T analysis and ERP paperwork is good way let me to catch some thing wrong quickly and correct it.I can via the paperwork to discuss with my team, you never know we can create a lot of valid way to solved the problems.
7. If you had to pick just one story, what would be the most meaningful story from your time as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise so far?
I would say when you become a leader it means you have most responsibility to your team and customers. I think my decision has affected my team work situation. How to push them to do their best, how to keep stable for the stuff relationship that will be the most meaningful to me.