Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
7 Questions with Randall Solo
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Randall Solo
Name: Randall Solo
Current title: Chief Executive Official
Current organisation: People's Media Agency
Am Randall Solo from Liberia, west Africa, am the founder and CEO of People's Media Agency an online media agency that seeks to provide quality news around the world.
1. What have you found most challenging as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise?
One of the challenges I face is getting passionate people to work with you.
As CEO of an online media agency, folks expect you to be on top of every information, and in doing so, funds are required so as to do more research and keep informed, therefore getting partners to do business or invest in the agency is a serious challenge.
2. How did you become a CEO or executive of a large enterprise? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I was a member of my high school press club, after serving the press club all my days in high school, i graduated from high school with lots of passion for journalism, therefore i was fortunate to enrolled at a journalism institution(Peter Quaqua School of Journalism), upon graduation from the journalism institution i understood the need for setting up an online media agency though i was due for internship at a local radio station.
However I accepted the internship and started to set up my online news agency calling on a few friends to aid me in the process, cause i have always dreamt of being my own boss, therefore finally i launched the agency on November 8, 2018 with me being the founder and CEO.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I wake up at 6am -7am and start work by 8,
However i goes to bed by 9pm-10pm cause i do online reporting
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
The most recent leadership lesson I learned is being able to cover up when your workmate is messing up, so as to always protect your brand, and also avoid being self seeking.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
"Rebell With A Cause"
This book written by Billy Grathem teaches you about passion and consistency, with all the Billy went through he knew that he wanted to be successful so he walked in great people footsteps and kept his head up, still he was successful.
6. How do you build leadership capacity in a large enterprise?
I always create a friendly environment for my fellow workers, I put myself into the workings of the entity so as to motivate others that see me as their leader, more when you're generating funds do not underpaid people.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise so far?
One story that always comes to my mind is that you're working for a cause while you're trying to earn as well, so you have to do your work properly