181 Inspirational Tony Robbins Quotes On Leadership
Updated: Nov 17
Tony Robbins was born on February 29, 1960 in North Hollywood, California. He is an entrepreneur, author, life coach and philanthropist.
When he was growing up, his stepfather struggled to take care of the family so they didn't live a lavish lifestyle. Tony Robbins' mother wanted him to become a truck driver, but he followed his passion instead.
Tony Robbins was only seventeen when he started helping people all over the world reach their potential. He did this by helping them believe in themselves and using that strength to overcome any obstacle they faced.
He says that fear and self-doubt can often hold people back from achieving their full potential. He uses his theory to help them overcome the things they consider impossible.
Tony Robbins is a best-selling author of multiple self-help books, like Awaken the Giant Within and Unlimited Power. But that's not all.
He's also a philanthropist who helps feed four million people in 56 different countries each year. Additionally, he sponsors and creates programs for schools, prisons, service organizations, and shelters.
Robbins has provided fresh water to 100,000 people in India.
He also provided 59 million meals for Americans in 2015. He also partnered with Feeding America to provide 100 million more meals.
He has been honored by some of the world's most elite organizations, like being listed as one of the top 50 business intellectuals by Accenture. A recent cover story done by Fortune Magazine called him The CEO Whisperer'.
Tony Robbins is inspirational because he constantly works to motivate people to better themselves - especially those who need it most.
To date, he has helped millions of people through his books, seminars, and charity work. He achieved fame partly due to his "fire walk" seminars. In these events, he uses his theory of neuro-associative conditioning to train audience members and other participants.
Tony Robbins has said a lot of inspirational things about leadership.
Here, we have gathered 181 of his best quotes on leadership.
Read them every day to stay inspired and achieve your goals. These Tony Robbins quotes on leadership will help you become everything you're meant to be.
Here are 181 Inspirational Tony Robbins Quotes on Leadership:
1. "Nothing has any power over me other than that which I give it through my conscious thoughts."
2. "The only thing that’s keeping you from getting what you want is the story you keep telling yourself."
3. "Be aware of what you want to happen."
4. "If you can’t, you must. If you must, you can."
5. "Remember this: anticipation is the ultimate power. Losers react; leaders anticipate."
6. "I’ve come to believe that all my past failure and frustration were actually laying the foundation for the understandings that have created the new level of living I now enjoy."
7. "If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll get what you’ve always gotten."
8. "Things are only impossible until somebody does what another believes can’t be done."
9. "Identify your problems, but give your power and energy to solutions."
10. "Most people fail in life because they major in minor things."
11. "Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life."
12. "Trade your expectations for appreciation and the world changes for you."
13. "Remember: we all get what we tolerate. So stop tolerating excuses within yourself, limiting beliefs of the past, or half-assed or fearful states. Use your body as a tool to snap yourself into a place of sheer will, determination, and commitment. Face your challenges head on with the core belief that problems are just speed bumps on the road to your dreams. And from that place, when you take massive action—with an effective and proven strategy—you will rewrite your history."
14. "The quality of your life is the quality of where you live emotionally."
15. "The path to success is to take massive, determined action."
16. "If you want to make it big, you’ve got to push yourself beyond your limits. You’ve got to pump yourself up and get yourself into a hyper mental state. And you have to do this yourself. Nobody can do this for you."
17. "It’s your unlimited power to care and to love that can make the biggest difference in the quality of your life."
18. "The only way a relationship will last is if you see it as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take."
19. "People who succeed at the highest level are not lucky; they’re doing something differently than everyone else."
20. "If you find yourself saying ‘I can’t do something,’ but you know it in your heart of hearts that if you do it, you’re going to grow, you’re going to be a better person, it’s going to contribute to your family or to your kids or to something that matters, and you keep saying ‘I can’t do it,’ there is no question — you must do it. You don’t discuss it anymore. You just take immediate action… You do what’s necessary."
21. "There is no greatness without a passion to be great, whether it’s the aspiration of an athlete or an artist, a scientist, a parent, or a businessperson."
22. "If we can realize that life is always happening for us, not to us… game over, all the pain and suffering disappear."
23. "No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying."
24. "They’re paralyzed by the fear that they don’t know exactly how to turn their dreams into reality. And as a result, they never make the decisions that could make their lives into the masterpieces they deserve to be. I’m here to tell you that it’s not important initially to know how you’re going to create a result. What’s important is to decide you will find a way, no matter what."
25. "Life can be complicated. It can be a rollercoaster ride from one day to the next. But how do we find meaning in it?"
26. "If you talk about it, it’s a dream, if you envision it, it’s possible, but if you schedule it, it’s real."
27. "The power of positive thinking is the ability to generate a feeling of certainty in yourself when nothing in the environment supports you."
28. "Whatever happens, take responsibility."
29. "Demand more from yourself than anyone else could ever expect."
30. "It’s not about the goal. It’s about growing to become the person that can accomplish that goal."
31. "Repetition is the mother of skill."
32. "Your income right now is a result of your standards, it is not the industry, it is not the economy."
33. "Your past does not equal your future."
34. "Success in life is the result of good judgment. Good judgment is usually the result of experience. Experience is usually the result of bad judgment."
35. "You and I can make our lives one of these legendary inspirations as well, simply by having courage and the awareness that we can control whatever happens in our lives. Although we cannot always control the events in our lives, we can always control our response to them, and the actions we take as a result."
36. "Most people have no idea of the giant capacity we can immediately command when we focus all of our resources on mastering a single area of our lives."
37. "One reason so few of us achieve what we truly want is that we never direct our focus; we never concentrate our power. Most people dabble their way through life, never deciding to master anything in particular."
38. "To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others."
39. "Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change."
40. "In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently."
41. "Do what you did in the beginning of a relationship and there won't be an end."
42. "New Year = A New Life! Decide today who you will become, what you will give how you will live."
43. "I do believe I am special. My special gift is my vision, my commitment, and my willingness to do whatever it takes."
44. "Nothing in life has any meaning except the meaning you give to it."
45. "Hunger is the only differentiation in people; it’s not talent."
46. "It’s not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute, that gives meaning to our lives."
47. "Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach."
48. "Out of your deepest pain will come your greatest gifts, but this can only happen when you take control of the meaning."
49. "People are not lazy. They simply have impotent goals – that is, goals that do not inspire them."
50. "The only person you should try to be better than is the person you were yesterday."
51. "Remember, rewards come in action, not in discussion."
52. "The quality of your life is the quality of your relationships."
53. "If you don’t set a baseline standard for what you’ll accept in life, you’ll find it’s easy to slip into behaviors and attitudes or a quality of life that’s far below what you deserve."
54. "The more rules you have about how people have to be, how life has to be for you to be happy, the less happy you’re going to be."
55. "Let fear be a counselor and not a jailor."
56. "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action."
57. "Belief in limits creates limited people."
58. "Where focus goes, energy flows."
59. "The meeting of preparation with opportunity generates the offspring we call luck."
60. "Goals are like magnets. They’ll attract the things that make them come true."
61. "The first thing these people have who succeed, who are fulfilled, is that they’ve decided what the purpose of the game is, at least for right now."
62. "Be willing to change your approach."
63. "Why live an ordinary life, when you can live an extraordinary one."
64. "The quality of your life is determined by the quality of the questions you ask yourself."
65. "Personal power is the ability to take action."
66. "We are all different in the way we perceive the world. We must use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others."
67. "It’s what you practice in private that you will be rewarded for in public."
68. "There’s no abiding success without commitment."
69. "Heal the boy and the man will appear."
70. "Success is buried on the other side of rejection."
71. "When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears."
72. "Three decisions that we all control each moment of our lives: what to focus on, what things mean, and what to do in spite of the challenges that may appear to limit us."
73. "In life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action."
74. "What I’ve known from the beginning is that success leaves clues. People who succeed at the highest level are not lucky; they’re doing something differently than everyone else does. I’m interested in those people: those who have a relentless hunger to learn and grow and achieve. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not deluded. I’m aware there are very few people in the world who are fit and healthy and who sustain it. Most people don’t have decades of sustained love and passion in their intimate relationships, nor do they experience ongoing gratitude and joy. There are very few people who maximize their business opportunities. And there are even fewer who start with little or nothing and become financially free."
75. "There’s always a way – if you’re committed."
76. "The most powerful and effective managers, coaches, parents, and motivators are those who can represent the circumstances of life to themselves and to others in a way that signals success to the nervous system in spite of seemingly hopeless external stimuli."
77. "Take action."
78. "Leaders are those individuals who live by empowering beliefs and teach others to tap their full capabilities by shifting the beliefs that have been limiting them."
79. "Questions provide the key to unlocking our unlimited potential."
80. "Only those who have learned the power of sincere and selfless contribution experience life’s deepest joy: true fulfillment."
81. "It’s not what’s happening to you now or what has happened in your past that determines who you become. Rather, it’s your decisions about what to focus on, what things mean to you, and what you’re going to do about them that will determine your ultimate destiny."
82. "Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible."
83. "If we can (generate) the right emotion inside of us, we can get ourselves to do anything. If you don’t have the money, but you’re creative and determined enough, you’ll find the way."
84. "The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment."
85. "Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more."
86. "I challenge you to make your life a masterpiece. I challenge you to join the ranks of those people who live what they teach, who walk their talk."
87. "If I’m committed, there is always a way."
88. "There are no failures in life, just results."
89. "The more rejection you get, the better you are, the more you’ve learned, the closer you are to your outcome… If you can handle rejection, you’ll learn to get everything you want."
90. "You should never leave the site of a goal or an idea without figuring some way to apply it immediately. That gives you power. That’s how you build momentum."
91. "Everything happens for a reason and a purpose, and it serves you."
92. "Breakthrough depends on your state, the story you tell yourself, and your strategies."
93. "Every day stand guard at the door of your mind, and you alone decide what thoughts and beliefs you let into your life. For they will shape whether you feel rich or poor, cursed or blessed."
94. "In life you need either inspiration or desperation."
95. "Are you satisfied with your life right now? If you’re not, what’s holding you back from living the life you dream of?"
96. "Successful people ask better questions, and as a result, they get better answers."
97. "We will act consistently with our view of who we truly are, whether that view is accurate or not."
98. "The only people without problems are those in cemeteries."
99. "We can change our lives. We can do, have, and be exactly what we wish."
100. "Any time you sincerely want to make a change, the first thing you must do is to raise your standards."
101. "I can tell you the secret to happiness in one word: progress."
102. "By changing nothing, nothing changes."
103. "Stop being afraid of what could go wrong, and start being excited of what could go right."
104. "The past does not equal the future."
105. "Leaders spend 5% of their time on the problem and 95% of their time on the solution. Get over it and crush it!"
106. "Passion is the genesis of genius."
107. "Everybody’s life is either rewarding or an example."
108. "How am I going to live today in order to create the tomorrow I’m committed to?"
109. "Monitor your progress."
110. "Realize that if you can instantly create a problem, you can just as quickly and easily create a solution."
111. "More than anything else, I believe it’s our decisions, not the conditions of our lives that determine our destiny."
112. "All personal breakthroughs begin with a change in beliefs."
113. "If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results."
114. "If there’s anything you’re not happy about — in your relationships, in your health, in your career — make a decision right now about how you’re going to change it immediately."
115. "Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass; it’s about learning to dance in the rain."
116. "Success is 80% psychology and 20% skills."
117. "Why do people persist in a dissatisfying relationship, unwilling either to work toward solutions or end it and move on? It's because they know changing will lead to the unknown, and most people believe that the unknown will be much more painful than what they're already experiencing."
118. "It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped."
119. "Success is doing what you want, when you want, where you want, with whom you want, as much as you want."
120. "It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently."
121. "If you believe you are right, or you believe you are wrong, you’re right. Whenever you are certain about it, you will support it. Remember that."
122. "Knowing you have failed to live up to your own standards is the ultimate pain, knowing that you have fulfilled your highest vision is the ultimate pleasure."
123. "A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided."
124. "Persistence overshadows even talent as the most valuable resource shaping the quality of life."
125. "Don’t find fault, find a remedy."
126. "It’s not knowing what to do; it’s doing what you know."
127. "Live with passion!"
128. "It is not what we get. But who we become, what we contribute… that gives meaning to our lives."
129. "Once you have mastered time, you will understand how true it is that most people overestimate what they can accomplish in a year – and underestimate what they can achieve in a decade."
130. "The enemy of execution is complexity."
131. "Things do not have meaning. We assign meaning to everything."
132. "Most people overestimate what they can do in a year and they underestimate what they can do in two or three decades."
133. "You get what you tolerate."
134. "You have to make the shift from being a consumer in the economy to becoming an owner: and you do it by becoming an investor."
135. "My teacher Jim Rohn taught me a simple principle: every day, stand guard at the door of your mind, and you alone decide what thoughts and beliefs you let into your life. For they will shape whether you feel rich or poor, cursed or blessed."
136. "Lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know."
137. "At any moment, the decision you make can change the course of your life. FOREVER."
138. "Whatever you consistently think about and focus upon you move toward."
139. "For changes to be of any true value, they’ve got to be lasting and consistent."
140. "The number one rule is: my lover comes first. If you’re in love, you put their feelings and needs before your own."
141. "Action is the most important key to any success."
142. "Identify what motivates you."
143. "Begin to live as though your prayers are already answered."
144. "Live life fully while you’re here. Experience everything. Take care of yourself and your friends. Have fun, be crazy, be weird. Go out and screw up! You’re going to anyway, so you might as well enjoy the process."
145. "Information without emotion isn’t retained."
146. "Deciding to commit yourself to long-term results rather than short-term fixes is as important as any decision you’ll make in your lifetime."
147. "Problems are not permanent. Only your soul is permanent."
148. "People love to say that knowledge is power. But the truth is that knowledge is only potential power."
149. "The fastest way to feel connection, a sense of how significant your life is, a deep sense of certainty and variety, and put yourself in a state where you can give to others, is to find a way each day to appreciate more and expect less."
150. "The secret to living is giving."
151. "Every problem is a gift, without problems we would not grow."
152. "Life is found in the dance between your deepest desire and your greatest fear."
153. "What we can or cannot do, what we consider possible or impossible, is rarely a function of our true capability. It is more likely a function of our beliefs about who we are."
154. "Using the power of decision gives you the capacity to get past any excuse to change any and every part of your life in an instant. It can change your relationships, your working environment, your level of physical fitness, your income, and your emotional states. It can determine whether you’re happy or sad, whether you’re frustrated or excited, enslaved by circumstances, or expressing your freedom. It’s the source of change within an individual, a family, a community, a society, our world."
155. "To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded."
156. "Everybody’s got a past. The past does not equal the future unless you live it there."
157. "The secret of success is learning how to use pain and pleasure instead of having pain and pleasure use you. If you do that, you’re in control of your life. If you don’t life controls you."
158. "Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take."
159. "If we don’t direct our own thoughts, we’ll fall under the influence of those who would condition us to behave in the way they desire."
160. "Lack of emotion causes lack of progress and lack of motivation."
161. "Create a vision and never let the environment, other people’s beliefs, or the limits of what has been done in the past shape your decisions."
162. "Changing an organization, a company, a country—or a world—begins with the simple step of changing yourself."
163. "My definition of success is to live your life in a way that causes you to feel a ton of pleasure and very little pain – and because of your lifestyle, have the people around you feel a lot more pleasure than they do pain."
164. "Commit to CANI! – Constant And Never-ending Improvement."
165. "Problems are the gifts that make us dig out and figure out who we are, what we’re made for and what we’re responsible for giving back to life."
166. "What makes a relationship work is things in common, what makes it passionate is that things are very different."
167. "Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. Human beings have the awesome ability to take any experience of their lives and create a meaning that disempowers them or one that can literally save their lives."
168. "We’ve all heard about people who’ve exploded beyond the limitations of their conditions to become examples of the unlimited power of the human spirit."
169. "The only problem we really have is we think we’re not supposed to have problems! Problems call us to higher level- – face & solve them now!"
170. "Lasting change is different than a goal. You don’t always get your goals, but you always get your standards."
171. "Enjoy making decisions. You must know that in any moment a decision you make can change the course of your life forever: the very next person you stand behind in line or sit next to on an airplane, the very next phone call you make or receive, the very next movie you see or book you read or page you turn could be the one single thing that causes the floodgates to open, and all of the things that you’ve been waiting for to fall into place. If you really want your life to be passionate, you need to live with this attitude of expectancy."
172. "I discovered a long time ago that if I helped enough people get what they wanted, I would always get what I wanted and I would never have to worry."
173. "Our entire life changes in a moment."
174. "If I could uncover what beliefs and values control me, I can literally redesign me."
175. "The only impossible journey is the one you never begin."
176. "Determination is the wake-up call to the human will."
177. "Remember: courage, unused, diminishes. Commitment, unexercised, wanes. Love, unshared, dissipates."
178. "People who fail focus on what they will have to go through; people who succeed focus on what it will feel like at the end."
179. "Why wait to be memorable?"
180. "There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality."
181. "Take the opportunity to learn from your mistakes: find the cause of your problem and eliminate it. Don't try to be perfect; just be an excellent example of being human."