Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Barry J Moltz
Name: Barry J Moltz
Current title: Founder
Current organisation: Shafran Moltz Group LLC
Barry helps getting small businesses unstuck. He has had a lot of success and failure running his companies over the last 25 years. Barry has written 6 books and is the host of "The Small Business Radio Show" on AM820 in Chicago.
1. How would you summarise your area of expertise in a few paragraphs?
I have run 3 businesses and an angel fund. I now help small business owners get unstuck in sales, marketing, leadership, management, finance, productivity and customer experience.
2. One big idea: Can you please unpack the one big idea from your work that seems to resonate most with leaders?
When business is booming, small business owners ignore their sales and marketing efforts. Then, when business slows down, they turn your attention back to sales and marketing. This is a hamster’s wheel to nowhere. Their business will remain flat-lined in this “Double Helix” treadmill. Barry shows how to grow a small business by tossing out the old paradigms and traditional sales techniques with easy to follow step by step guide.
3. How did you become a thought leader? Can you please briefly tell the story and share ONE tip for any leaders out there who'd like to become thought leaders themselves?
After I sold my last business, my wife would not let me start anymore :-) so I started to share my journey and help others.
4. You're sitting down over a coffee with a leader and you can only give them ONE tip to help them as a leader. What would you say to them?
Delegation gives you leverage. If you do it all yourself, you will never be a leader
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your thoughts on leadership? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted you?
Growing a Business by Paul Hawken- It inspired me to build a culture in a small business I loved.
6. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
We all fail. Learn what you can but don't get stuck there. Let go, move on and take another action that gives you another chance at success.
7. What is one meaningful story from a reader or someone who's been influenced by your thought leadership so far?
These are confidential