Thank you to the 1,400 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Francis Kong
Name: Francis Kong
Current title: President
Current organization: Success Options Inc.
Entrepreneur. Consultant. Trainer. Columnist. Broadcaster
1. How would you summarize your area of expertise in a few paragraphs?
I do leadership training. I share ideas that can encourage and equip people to do better work and live better lives.
2. One big idea: Can you please unpack the one big idea from your work that seems to resonate most with leaders?
Leaders express the learning experience as inspiring and encouraging. Enabling them to understand the essence of leadership and to become more effective leaders.
3. How did you become a thought leader? Can you please briefly tell the story and share ONE tip for any leaders out there who'd like to become thought leaders themselves?
I just expressed lessons from both experience and learning and consistently post materials and it slowly built followership.
4. You're sitting down over a coffee with a leader and you can only give them ONE tip to help them as a leader. What would you say to them?
More service and lesser ego.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your thoughts on leadership? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted you?
The Quest for Character by Charles Swindoll.
6. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
That everyone is in a position of influence and responsibility and therefore leadership is everyone's business.
7. What is one meaningful story from a reader or someone who's been influenced by your thought leadership so far?
One person always thought that he was assigned a difficult team and was on the verge of quitting but had a mind and heart change and is now a better leader and has been promoted.