Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Aubrey Saueha
Title: Provincial Secretary
Organisation: Rennell Bellona Provincial Government
My name is Aubrey Saueha, iam 32 years old, I was borned and raised in in the Solomon Islands. I was graduated with a bachelor degree in environmental science, previously workong with UNDP Solomon Islands office as project coordinator managing few climate change resilience projects, currently iam working as senior administration officer for the national government here in the Solomons, managing Rennell Bellona provincial government.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Trying to inspiring my team to perform tasks instead of forcing them.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I was brought up from a family of Chiefs, they have responsibilities to play in the community, I actually learned from my family especially my mum and dad. Now iam mature, I play the same role in my family, and at the government level as a ascended in my carrier path.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I usually addressed the urgent and easy tasks first then the complicated or complex one later.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
An effective leader is a reader.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
'The spirit of leadership' by Dr. Myles Munroe, the book actually challenged the notion that leaders are born not made, the book point out the leadership nature is in every human being, but individuals must discover it and nature that mindset.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
If you want to be great, you must discover your uniqueness/ gift and refine it, then serve it to the world.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The story of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, the person who introduced the concept of servant leadership.