Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: James Burkett
Title: National Projects Manager
Organisation: DSV Air and Sea
22 Years in the Industry, been a multi Country Regional General Manager responsible for 49 branches in 11 countries and regions in Asia Pacific in the technical aspects of Project Logistics which deals with oversize, larger mass, and high volume freight. This has been in responsible for logistics, supply chain, transport, storage and international trade procurement. Some tasks include contracts, insurance, operations, feasibility analysis and other aspects of trade including strategies for growth, sales and marketing of our services.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Information perception, priorities and completion timelines.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Taped on the shoulder by a recruiter.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Tasks and priorities. Hardest tasks first then i adapt my timeline based on the working hours of colleagues overseas.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
How to make friends and influence people
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
You work for the teams that report to you.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Interpretation. As an English speaking Australian i was often in front of customers, clients and carriers that did not speak English. Not trained in any other language I had to choose wisely the specific words as my local would translate to them and respond back to me. The quality of communication and being specific.