Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Tom Sacco
Title: Chief Happiness Officer, CEO & President
Organisation: Happy Joe’s Pizza & Ice Cream
Respondent skipped this question
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
I have found finding quality employees the most challenging part of being a leader in 2023.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I did it the old fashioned way, I earned my promotions through performance, and eventually, I was the CEO candidate the company wanted me to be their leader.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I try to fill half my day with productive developmental meetings with my team, and the other half dealing with my CEO responsibilities.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
You gain so much more loyalty and productivity by leading with a Servant’s Heart.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Transformational Leadership: How Leaders Change Teams, Companies, and Organizations. The wisdom and strategies that are laid out for you provide you with road maps to transforming your business.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Be Passionate at what you do, if you can’t be Passionate about what you do, you’re in the wrong line of work.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I’m so inspired by some of the young executives that I have had the pleasure to work alongside, coaching, and mentoring. Watching them grow. Seeing the student surpass the teacher in knowledge and performance is the ultimate adrenaline rush!