Thank you to the 1646 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions! I hope reading 7 Questions with
helps you in your leadership.
Name: Yekini Afix
Organisation: RICHBAM GROUP
I am currently the manager of Richbam group retail store, Soka branch, Ibadan Oyo state, Nigeria. I'm 34 and married. i have BSc in statistics along with other professional certificates; International Project Management, supply chain Operation and others. I have extensive experience in managing and optimizing warehouse Operation which include inventory management, safety protocol and Receiving and Shipping.
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Making hard decisions has once been challenging to me as a leader, but I have no other choice than to work on myself, of which I did.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I become a leader because of my ability to take more challenges bigger than anybody could ever think of. I was always directing my colleagues at work to do what is expected of us in the absence of our supervisor when I was with the EDLP Nigeria, the task was tedious but things work out smoothly at the end.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I create a to do list in prioritizing manner, I keep workspace tidy and I identify my distraction.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Leadership is hard and everyone can help you learn something to make leadership easy.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Who moved my cheese by Spencer Johnson
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
I will advise such leader to always practice open communication to connect his/her team
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
The story of the four characters in "Who moved my cheese"