7 Questions with Johnny O Graham
Name: JOHNNY O GRAHAM
Current title: Head of School
Current organisation: Williamsburg Christian Academy
Johnny Graham is a believer and lifetime educator. He currently serves as Head of Williamsburg Christian Academy in Virginia.
1. What have you found most challenging as a Christian school leader?
Navigating state government regulations and changing legal statutes is the most challenging aspect of Christian school leadership.
2. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
5:00 am Important Electronic Correspondence
8am Administrative Meetings
Lunch Development and Fundraising
2pm Academic and Legal Tasks
5pm Special Events/Projects Meetings and Work
10pm-1am Global Boarding Student Recruiting and Communications
3. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
The power of servant leadership is the most important leadership lesson I've learned.
4. What's one book apart from the Bible that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The Servant as Leader by Robert K. Greenleaf examines leadership styles and recommends valuable strategies for successful leaders.
5. How do you find and keep great Christian teachers?
Our commitment to a Christ-centered workplace culture and enriching professional development helps WCA retain Christian educators.
6. What's most important as a Christian school leader for developing a culture of wellbeing in your staff and students?
Christian leaders must be balanced and develop a strong Christian walk in order to develop a culture of wellbeing for staff and students.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a Christian school leader so far?
Christian education presents many opportunities to minister to families, students, and staff.