7 Questions with Kevin Puckett
Name: Kevin Puckett
Current title: Upper School Principal
Current organisation: Cor Deo Christian Academy
I am starting my 6th year as the Principal of Cor Deo Christian Academy's North Campus (7th - 12th). My interests include Biblical studies, theology, and coffee.
1. What have you found most challenging as a Christian school leader?
Knowing how to move my staff and students from glory to glory.
2. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I normally get up between 4:30am - 5:30am to spend time with God and studying for my MA.
I do my best thinking in the mornings; I try to front-load my day with tasks that require my focused attention.
Afternoons are kept free for meetings with staff, students, etc.
Evenings are reserved for family.
3. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Time in grade. It takes time to build trust.
4. What one book has had the most profound impact on your Christian school leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Albeit Juvenile, Beric the Briton by G.A. Henty has impacted my leadership.
5. How do you find and keep great Christian teachers?
I look for teachers within the churches represented within my student body.
6. What's most important as a Christian school leader for developing a culture of wellbeing in your staff and students?
I believe that being a servant and being willing to clean toilets is the key to developing a culture of wellbeing.
7. If you had to pick just one story, what would be the most meaningful story from your time as a Christian school leader so far?
Graduating my first class was once of the most fulfilling experiences of my time as a Christian school leader so far.