Thank you to the 1,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 questions!
I hope reading
7 Questions with Matt Lambro
helps you in your leadership.
7 Questions with Matt Lambro
Name: Matt Lambro, Ph.D.
Current title: Director of Student Development
Current organisation: Trinity Christian Academy
Dr. Lambro earned his Ph.D. in Global Leadership & Change from Pepperdine University, where his dissertation focused on division head successions. Since 2016, Dr. Lambro has served as the Director of Student Development across all three divisions at Trinity Christian Academy. He leads a wide array of areas, including diversity and inclusion, leadership development, life readiness programming, spiritual life, student clubs and organizations, and student well-being. Dr. Lambro is married to his college sweetheart Jana, and they have two adorable daughters both under the age of three.
1. What have you found most challenging as a Christian school leader?
Aligning mission, vision, and values across all divisions and stakeholders.
2. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
3 Chunks, 1st 8-11,11-1,1-3 After school varies depending on weekly responsibilities and needs for my presence at extracurricular activities
3. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
The blessing of being present
4. What one book has had the most profound impact on your Christian school leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Schein - Organizational Culture & Growth
Not a Christian book but the best book on managing and developing culture and leadership that I have come across.
Developing a richer understanding of how culture is shaped and changed within an organization is paramount to leading an organization effectively. While I am not the building leader in any of our 3 divisions my role is critical to helping shape the overall school's culture. Learning how to use influence instead of power or position to shape culture has been critical to my enjoyment and impact as a leader in my current role.
5. How do you find and keep great Christian teachers?
Create and foster meaningful community, sufficient benefits package, continually rally others towards the school's mission.
6. What's most important as a Christian school leader for developing a culture of wellbeing in your staff and students?
That every faculty knows they are cared for and supported. If a true healthy support system exists for faculty they will be much more likely to take an active role in supporting and caring for the wellbeing of students.
7. If you had to pick just one story, what would be the most meaningful story from your time as a Christian school leader so far?
Influence is more important than power, authority, or years spent at a school. The story involves the discovery of the people of influence within the school and learning from them as a way to continuously shape the school culture.