7 Questions with Yass Leheta
Name: Yass Leheta
Current title: French immersion teacher gr 7/8
Current organisation: Ncdsb
I have been a Catholic teacher for the past 16 years. Active within the community and church.
1. What have you found most challenging as a Christian school leader?
The lack of student participation at church.
2. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Prayers before work
Reflections with students
Go about curriculum
Home to my family for dinner and chores.
3. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
How to keep my opinion to myself.
4. What one book has had the most profound impact on your Christian school leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Mothers Teresa’s a book.
5. How do you find and keep great Christian teachers?
Stay within the clergy and school system.
6. What's most important as a Christian school leader for developing a culture of wellbeing in your staff and students?
Preach the gospel whenever you can.
7. If you had to pick just one story, what would be the most meaningful story from your time as a Christian school leader so far?
Adam and Eve and genesis.