7 Questions with Michalis
Current title: CEO
Current organisation: Humanus Capitis
1. What have you found most challenging as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise?
To deal with people relations, people's expectations and peoples aspiration and performance
2. How did you become a CEO or executive of a large enterprise? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I really don't remember what was the route. The only thing I remember is that I was hardworking all the time, trying to create a meaningful future to myself and the people around me.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
30% is PR, 70% hard work. Schedule all the meetings beforehand, organize them before in content, try to meet as many people as possible and listen to their daily schedules and concerns. And last but not least, spend time with your family and kids
4. What's the most recent significant leadership lesson you've learned?
Listen more, talk less, think twice and act on a planned way
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
No specific books, but reading all the ancient Greek philosophers. They always have a meaningful story to deal with you and realize and alternative perspective any decision you might take
6. How do you build leadership capacity in a large enterprise?
You employ better people than yourself. You have to inspire, guide them and then let them run and do the job. As simple as that
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a CEO or executive of a large enterprise so far?
In any enterprise, people are the most important asset. Treat them with respect, get them involved in the evolution of the company and they double their effort for success