Name: Ashok Singh
Title: Finance Head
Organisation: NHC Group in Singapore
Handling a group of companies' accounts and finance with the help of 100 team members.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Ashok's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To continue growing the team efficincy and making coordination between internal teams.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
To accept the challenges and think positively in every situation.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Making the work priorities happen and involving the related team members and guiding them.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
People are not bad they are just sometimes irritated due to personal problems.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
My teachers and my parents.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Always be a team member.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
My CEO always appreciates us.