Name: Aruna Morison Gbondo
Title: Head of Operations
Organisation: Sierra Leone Police
I am a serving member of the sierra Leone Police for the past seventeen years. current head of police operation at the north eastern part of sierra leone for two years now. i have served in other capacities whilst in the force.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Aruna's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
The ability to influence others to accept and follow your ideology
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Leader is nuture base on your involvement and participation in different works of life
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Seven days a week: no holiday, no weekend. sometimes set an alarm clock for reminder and always prepared to respond to public safety needs
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Achieving a successful goal through rugorous challenges
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Things fall apart by chinua achebe.
Okonkwo has always been afraid of failure, not afraid to take challenges, always take the lead and others follow, discipline in his work life
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
You must be always prepared to show up ideas through creative thinking and you have to encourage others to accept it
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Election management story and the actions of politicians is thirst of power, crisis management between and among individuals and organisations