Name: Derek Venter
Title: Managing Director
Organisation: Value Safety Specifics
25 yr experience in chemical & FMCG manufacturing, specializing Health, Safety, Environment, Risk & Quality Management
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Derek's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Learning and following footsteps
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Not everbody listens
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
African Wild Dogs : Success Through Pack Leadership : How to Create Pack Leadership and Produce Transformative Results
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Stand your groung and look tall
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?