Name: Dr Ajay Bakshi
Title: Managing Director
Organisation: Metamorphosis Unlimited
Independent Board Director & C suite Executive Coach with 33 years of Corporate and consulting experience at C suite levels across MNC,Public Sector undertakings and Family run business .Has lead and now advises organisation on business strategy ,turnaround ,change management ,Organisation restructuring
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Ajay's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Building and sustaining a high performing team by integrating process & ownership
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I have been a people manager at the early stage of my career 30 years back and have lead team sizes of 5 to 15000 colleagues
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Start with meditation ,contemplating and planning the day .Followed by exercise ,client assignments .End of the day with prayer ,reflection of the day & meditation
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Businesses and profits are build by people with technology being an enabler
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Reflections from my own book Build to Outperform .When I was writing the book some of my experiences played back on what one had done well and not so well in building a high performing team ,integrating the model of hiring ,developing ,deploying ,retaining ,motivating teams to build sustainability
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
People build business so it’s worth the while to invest time in hiring & develop ,motivating ,rewarding and retain talent .2) Share success and own failure
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Israel rescue mission of hostages at Entebbe which demonstrated 1) Don't compromise on your values 2) Take the ownership & accountability of difficult decisions 3) Have a clear view on risks,consequences and rewards then take an informed decision 4) Leverage data /information but act decisively based on intuition