Name: Farman Ullah Amarkhil
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Farman's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Balancing team dynamics and individual needs while ensuring overall productivity.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Demonstrated consistent dedication, problem-solving skills, and initiative, earning the trust of peers and superiors. Gradually took on leadership roles in projects, showcasing leadership qualities and eventually being officially recognized and promoted
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Start with morning routine and exercise for energy, then tackle priority tasks in focused blocks. Breaks for meals and short walks maintain productivity. Afternoons for meetings and collaboration, with evenings reserved for planning, personal development, and relaxation. Consistent bedtime ensures sufficient rest for the next day
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
The importance of active listening. Recent experiences highlighted that truly understanding team members' perspectives fosters better communication, trust, and more effective problem-solving
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
"Leaders Eat Last" by Simon Sinek. The book emphasized the significance of leaders prioritizing the well-being of their teams. It influenced my approach, encouraging a people-centric leadership style. This shift led to improved team morale, collaboration, and overall productivity, creating a more positive and supportive work environment
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Prioritize continuous learning and adaptability. The ability to evolve and acquire new skills will not only enhance your leadership capabilities but also enable you to navigate and thrive in dynamic and challenging environments
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
One memorable moment was when a team member faced a significant personal challenge. Instead of just addressing work-related issues, the team rallied together to offer support, demonstrating a sense of genuine care and empathy. This experience reinforced the idea that a strong team is built on more than just professional connections—it's about being there for one another through both professional and personal challenges.