Name: Francis P. Lado
Title: Project Manager
Organisation: Episcopal Church of South Sudan
I have been in leadership position for the last fifteen years as director of operations, managing director for Supiri Constructions, head master for seven years in a secondary school. At the moment I am managing a project for training of human resource in the Episcopal Church of South Sudan, about 61 Dioceses and a Parish. I love leading!
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Francis's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Dealing with difficult people.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I did not fight for it, it's God given me. I found my self skilled in it and always.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
A routine that has helped me throughout my years as a leader. Wake up early, check my spiritual life thank God, check my inboxes, messages, put in place things to do, and vice versa at the close of the day.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Interruptions in my schedule
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
12 absolutes for leadership by Dr. Myles Munroe.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Insist! Insist! And insist. Do not be convinced that it's here best. Do your best.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
So many leaders pretend that they have not heard or seen what is due. One character my former boss would love. I did not enjoy his style, it worsens leadership business.