Name: Heritier Pascal
Title: CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AND BOARD MEMBER
Organisation: MASSIMO ZANETTI BEVERAGE GROUP
More than 20 years of consolidated Management skills within complex Organization and Public Company. Strong International exposure managing companies, business development and projects Globally. Solid and confirmed experience in M&A, Brand Management and IPO. Through disciplined definition of Strategies, Planning and their execution I achieve tangible results and sound Financial background. Married and father of 4 children. Beside travelling and spending time with my family, I like cycling, hiking and reading.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Heritier's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
- life balance is quite a challenge
- having time to think about "strategies", future and building a strong team (time to time we are too busy with the day to day work and problems to solve)
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
- I think that I have been a leader since I was young
- naturally in every step of my life and in many activities, or group, social activities, I have been "leading" a team (scout - army), projects, etc.
- then during my working path I had the chance to lead projects that brought me today to lead a team of great people around the world and particularly in the APAC Region
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
- not in the best and efficient way : too much distractions with emails, v-meetings (Teams or Zoom are definitely becoming a "cancer" of my days... too much meetings where I am invited and where I should not participate. so what happens now... you are online but you do something else. therefore you are doing nothing in the best way possible.
- then i try to have some time for myself (reading or cycling) ... but there I am confronted to the fact that having a family it is difficult to have some "personal space"
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
- as a leader : it is more important to listen than talk... you can learn so much about your team and about the project you are in charge
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
- generally the books of Simon Sinek
- his approach to the leadership with examples is so clear to understand and try to implement in my life
- i am as well listening very often short videos on youtube
- i am listening as well other videos on youtube that are linked to leadership from other Business man such "Marchione"
- then I am participating to the WOBI in Milan since 3 years now
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
- put yourself aside and put your team at first place
- say thank you
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
- the fact that I enjoy so much, all the time, the success we have as a group and see how much the people I am working with are happy to have me as their leader and recognize it.
I made an assessment one year ago and in that assessment some of my team member have been involved and a lot of questions have been to them on me. i have been so happy with the result.
I know that all my successes and the fact I am where I am today is linked to a great team and the support of my family. I am may be good to manage all the supports I am getting to make the best of myself.