Name: MARK J CRAWFORD
Organisation: Cyti Corp
High impact and results-driven senior financial management professional with more than 18 years’ experience in evaluating existing business operations and instituting changes to processes, policies, and overall corporate culture to keep companies viable in fiercely competitive markets. Well-regarded as a shrewd strategist in developing sweeping business practice reforms to best address untapped, undervalued, and overlooked opportunities by incorporating information technology systems. Calculated risk taker to get methods moving quickly in transforming ideas into action; highly skilled in connecting complex and disparate information into a distinct concept and formidable plan of action. Well-versed in budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, asset acquisition, internal controls, and corporate taxation and accounting.
• Proven capacity to clearly and effectively communicate to audiences from a variety of educational, economic, and cultural backgrounds oftentimes making complex financial issues readily understood by all.
• Well-regarded as a leader in galvanizing teams to embrace a singular vision and oneness of purpose.
• Robust reputation for delivering complex projects on-time and within budget despite shifting priorities, demanding expectations, ambiguities, and stringent deadlines.
• Preparing to sit for the Certified Public Accountant examination.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Mark's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Managing Organization expectation with staffing and cost considerations
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I worked my way up through different level of management.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I use time blocking so I have time to get all the things done
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
All good leaders need to delegate to subordinates and trust that they are going to execute the plan.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Always be looking to surround yourself with Talented people.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
I become a leader not because what I know but how I utilize the talents on my team.