Name: Michael Zehmisch
Title: Head of Business Development and Sales eSolutions
Organisation: MAN Truck & Bus SE
- Master in International Business (Top #3 Master student)
- Experten in Business Development, Product Development und Digital Transformation
- Fokus on B2B
- Current Business Development and Go to Market Heavy Duty vehicle eSolutions
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Michael's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To manage transformation into new Business Models within a organization with long history in tradtional businesses
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
By choice: grounded in the feeling that you can reach more with a team of people and willing to take decisions and risks.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
- Get up before family and start with checking daily schedule
- Prioizing own work and work of others
- Earlier end of day to have time with family / dinner together as must
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Don't accept a job where you have no inspiring top leader environment
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
"The one minute manager" by Blanchard: even if simplifying daily work it helps challenging routines and how to work together
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Ask yourself: why would you like to be a leader. Too many decide for the wrong reason.
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
If people telling you to join your team and be part of it because of you and the team and not for the promotion or the tasl alone. Most important result of good leadership.