Name: Neil Braniff
Trust in God always
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Neil's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
To get others to see we’re equal even though I’m leading
I don’t let my ego get involved in my thinking but it tries to with me let’s say lol
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
I was always naturally gravitated to being a leader even in childhood but I was never interested in it and still the same
I’m just a man who creates solutions to solve problems and gets likeminded people to make this happen
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
Get my Kids to school then onto the office designing and creating new equipment
I work a lot from home now
I pray a lot and believe in a high fruit diet water and fresh food for health
I always work in bursts of intense focus for an hour have a break then back to what I’m doing to get the most out the time I’ve put into that time spent on whatever am doing
My hours can be irregular but I go with what’s necessary to do and cut out what isn’t
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Don’t lose time with family and to put them first always
When we work we must keep in mind we can only do so much in one day so make the time spent count at work
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
The bible without a doubt
Everything about being a good leader is there in so many examples of great leadership
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Get a relationship with God ask him to guide you to Look after your health and surround yourself with positive people
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Finding things that can help people with Huntington disease is something meaningful to me as well as the person suffering it Also praying and touching someone who’s blind in an eye and her eye moving for the first time ever That was God working his miracles though not me lol