Name: Willy Ramirez Chavarry
Organisation: National Election Jury
Ph.D. in Business Administration, Doctor of Laws, MBA, Master in Public Management, Master in Open and Distance Teaching and Learning, Lawyer, Graduate in Education Management. Current Judge of the National Election Jury, Former Rector and Academic Vice-Rector of the Peruvian University of Sciences and Informatics. Postgraduate and Undergraduate Professor at various universities in Peru. Advisor and Consultant on topics of: Law, Management, Education and New Technologies.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Willy's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Resistance to change on the part of human resources.
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
Since I was a child I had the opportunity to lead in the classroom; Then, at work, from a very young age, I had to lead work teams, until now. Without wanting to, or without realizing it, I became a leader.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
17 Leaving work
22 Go to sleep
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
Every mistake in life is a blow and every blow teaches
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
Sun Tzu's Art of War
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Study and you will succeed
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Inspire young people, from teaching