800 Sad Absent Father Quotes: Fatherless (2023)
1. I found that I missed him the more he was absent from my life, and the more I missed him, the more I loved him.. — Donna Lynn Hope
2. Any fool can have a child. That doesn't make you a father. It's the courage to raise a child that makes you a father.
3. “When you grew up with an absent father, you grew up dreaming and wanting.. But most of all, you grew up way too fast.”
4. What has really happened when you feel alone is that you’ve abandoned yourself. You have stopped taking care of your own basic needs — you don’t value yourself, you don’t listen to your own thoughts, and you don’t take care of your physical, emotional, or spiritual self. This is what is causing you to feel alone. You have abandoned you. — Gregg Michaelsen
5. “Some days she has no idea how she’ll do it. But every single day. It still gets done.”
6. “More than 72% of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers.” – Don Lemon
7. Let the lover be disgraceful, crazy, absentminded. Someone sober will worry about things going badly. Let the lover be.
8. “Ever absent, ever near; Still I see thee, still I hear; Yet I cannot reach thee, dear!” — Francis Kazinczy
9. “Why beer is better than wine: human feet are conspicuously absent from beer making.” —Steve Mirsky, author
10. “I will not abandon you as orphans–I will come to you.”
11. “I was speaking loudly, I realized, and I sounded almost angry, certainly righteous, but it was such a relief. I’d started with a lie—the cat box—and turned that into a surprising burst of pure truth, and I realized why criminals talked too much, because it feels so good to tell your story to a stranger.”