Name: Bello Yahaya
Organisation: Self employed
From okene local government of kogi state of Nigeria, had my primary and secondary School certificate at okene kogi state and graduated from University of Abuja, federal capital of Nigeria. Had my first degree in Environmental science and education.
Thank you to the 2,000 leaders who’ve generously done the 7 Questions on Leadership!
I hope Bello's answers will encourage you in your leadership journey. Enjoy!
1. What have you found most challenging as a leader?
Getting people to do the right thing, getting people to see and understand things in my perspective
2. How did you become a leader? Can you please briefly tell the story?
It all started from my school days, I find people always believing me because I hardly tell lies, I say things the way they're, and that earned me alot of followers and I'm also brave and show courage no matter what happens.
3. How do you structure your work days from waking up to going to sleep?
I always have my plans set out for my day-to-day activities, for instance when I wake up I pray, carry out exercise, eat my breakfast, and then prepare and go out for my business.
4. What's a recent leadership lesson you've learned for the first time or been reminded of?
As a leader, you must be open to all and be ready to take criticism and use it as a tool to checkmate ur improvement.
5. What's one book that has had a profound impact on your leadership so far? Can you please briefly tell the story of how that book impacted your leadership?
48 Laws of power and the Art of war written by Robert Green and Sun Tzu.
6. If you could only give one piece of advice to a young leader, what would you say to them?
Read wide, be humble, and be ready to learn about leadership qualities
7. What is one meaningful story that comes to mind from your time as a leader, so far?
Defeating an enemy without the use of a sword but through character.