Yo, welcome to the ultimate blog dedicated to the one and only Dave Strider, a total legend from the wickedly popular webcomic Homestuck. This dude's got it all – a sarcastic wit that cuts like a knife, an endless repertoire of pop culture references, and a level of coolness that's off the charts. I mean, he's left an indelible mark on fans all across the globe. And guess whata? This awesome collection of quotes is here to give a major shout-out to his one-of-a-kind personality and to show off the mind-blowing brilliance of Andrew Hussie's writing. So, lean back, grab your shades, and get ready to dive deep into the world of Dave Strider's unforgettable lines.
Homestuck, man, it's like this total mind-bending, genre-defying webcomic that's taken the internet by storm. Created by the genius Andrew Hussie, it's this massive epic that throws together comedy, drama, adventure, and even video game mechanics. Picture this: a group of teenagers gets tangled up in time travel, alternate realities, and cosmic powers. It's wild, right? But what really sets Homestuck apart is its format. It's got these animated panels, interactive games, and a whole lot of reader engagement through forums and fan contributions. It's like a whole community of fans living and breathing this crazy universe. And man, let me tell you, with its rich mythology, complex characters, and mind-blowing plot twists, Homestuck has totally captured the hearts and minds of a dedicated fanbase. It's become a full-on cultural phenomenon, love it or hate it. There's just no denying that Homestuck is next-level storytelling that takes you on a wild ride.
Dave Strider: The Epitome of Coolness and Irony
Alright, folks, let's talk about Dave Strider, one of the main characters in Homestuck. This guy is the definition of cool. He's always rocking those shades and dropping references left and right, like a walking pop culture encyclopedia. But it's not just about looking cool; it's his whole demeanor. He's so laid-back, you'd think he's made of liquid chill. And oh boy, does he have a sharp wit. As a time-traveling knight of time, Dave's got this whole different perspective on how things work. He's like the master of dissecting the mind-bending complexities of temporal paradoxes. And you know what's great? He does it all with a mix of humor and self-awareness. But don't let that aloof exterior fool you, my friends. Dave's got layers, like an emotional onion. He's got those moments of vulnerability, where you see his genuine care for his friends shining through. In his journey through Homestuck, this dude shows us what it means to grow, to be resilient, and to chase after your own brand of heroism. I tell ya, Dave Strider is one unforgettable character. His quick quips and undeniable charm weave themselves into the sprawling tapestry of Homestuck's narrative, leaving a lasting impression on anyone who crosses his path.
1. Anyway, guess I'll go back down and burn that book.
2. What's so hard about apple juice, it's like the most basic goddamn juice, it's like the square one of juice.
3. “This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.”
4. Why do you even bother with this stupid charade.
5. You two have always been like this scheming giggling enigma huddled together in peapod for hella self-tickled murderdorks.
6. “Kanaya, it's hard.
7. “HS is supposedly a story that is also a game. In games, the characters die all the time. How many times did you let Mario fall in the pit before he saved the princess? Who weeps for these Marios. In games your characters die, but you keep trying and trying and rebooting and resetting until finally they make it. When you play a game this process is all very impersonal. Once you finally win, when all is said and done those deaths didn’t “count”, only the linear path of the final victorious version of the character is considered “real”. Mario never actually died, did he? Except the omniscient player knows better. HS seems to combine all the meaningless deaths of a trial-and-error game journey with the way death is treated dramatically in other media, where unlike our oblivious Mario, the characters are aware and afraid of the many deaths they must experience before finally winning the game.”
8. “The SAFE was slain in battle. A great flaming nautical pyre carries it off to VAULTHALLA.”
9. “An outrageously awesome dude stands before a crater where his favorite record shop stood one day prior. He is prepared for the occasion with a small pair of outrageously awesome shades.”
10. God so beautiful to look at with my perfect eyesight.
11. “Fine!” Minos huffed. “There. No more dialogue. Happy?”
12. “Jesus Christ,” Dirk said, rubbing his temples with a thumb and forefinger. “Why did I have to make you such a smartass?”
13. Hope you like hammers, dude!
14. “AT: I do not want to die.
15. “This is exactly why babies should not be allowed to dual-wield flintlock pistols.” (The Narrator/Andrew Hussie, Homestuck)
16. It is right that the good should be happy, that the wicked and the impious, on the other hand, should be miserable; that is a truth, I believe, which no one will gainsay.
17. “DRAWING IS EASY. DON'T LET ANYONE EVER TELL YOU IT ISN'T. YOU WORK HARD. AND HONE YOUR CRAFT. AND IGNORE THE HATERS. UNTIL YOU ARE IN. "THE ZONE".”
18. Just one of those little joys in life you take for granted you know this miraculous gift of vision.
19. “TG: the problem is i am up to my goddamn neck in fucking puppet dong
20. “But why only you?” Dirk asked. “I killed and revived Minos too. Several times. And there were even more that I killed and left dead. What’s special about you?”
21. “JOHN: you hacked my dad's wallet??”
22. “IT BEGINS TO DAWN ON YOU. THAT EVERYTHING YOU JUST DID. MAY HAVE BEEN A COLOSSAL WASTE OF TIME.
23. “You figure you’ll cool it on the time travel for a while. Don’t want to see the Dave corpses start to pile up. Especially if one of them winds up being you.”
24. “AT: oKAYYYY, mY BROMO SAPIEN,
25. Hammerkind? Ok, that will be the permanent allocation for your specibus. I guess I should have mentioned that.
26. “Instead of underestimating the perspicacity of the sensory impaired, why don't you bite me.”
27. “TT: This session was never meant to bear fruit.
28. “JADE: but it makes me sad to think i would act like this
29. “ROSE: I think I've spent too much time around Dave.
30. “KARKAT:REMEMBER PANTS TEREZI?? YOU USED TO LOVE PANTS!”
31. You figure you'll cool it on the time travel for a while. Don't want to see the Dave corpses start to pile up. Especially if one of them winds up being you.
32. “CG: ATTENTION WORTHLESS HUMAN.
33. “I believe one of the most valuable lessons that comes with growing up is gaining the wisdom that gently informs you when it's time to retire a meme.” (Rose Lalonde, Homestuck)
34. “JADE: then i guess thats what we are!
35. “CG: I AM BEING PLEASANT AND AGREEABLE, AND I WILL GENTLY LOWER A MAGNIFICENT, CORUSCATING COLUMN OF HOT FUCK YOU DOWN THE PROTEIN CHUTE OF ANYONE WHO SAYS OTHERWISE.”
36. “KANAYA: Karkat What Is He Doing Here
38. “I think I’m starting to understand what’s really going on here.” Minos got up, and stretched out his front legs in that way that cats do; you know the way, I’m sure. It’s really cute. But this cat wasn’t just being adorable, he was also being a straight dick. “I bow down to you, O Creator,” Minos said sarcastically.
39. Also, Fred Savage has a really punchable face.
40. “CG: WELCOME TO THE TROLLOCAUST. THE PAINSTAKING GENOCIDE OF YOUR FRAGILE SELF ESTEEM WILL BE MY SWAN SONG.”
41. “¨GT: hehehehehehe
42. Couldn't for the life of me figure out what you've been getting up to on that meteor.
43. “Mutha. F***ing. Shenanigans.”
44. “It’s so much better to be able to flat-out explain these things,” Jeanne said appreciatively. “No more of that opaque ‘tee-hee, do you get my obscure reference?’ nonsense.”
45. Maybe they aren't going to want or need your help, and you just have to figure out how to deal with that.
46. “It's been awful watching the person i used to know slowly drift away from me to the point where she might as well be gone”
47. Anyway, guess ill go back down and burn that book.
48. You would still be all coy, like Is it a date or isn't it? Hmm, who can really say for sure?
49. My bro taught me a few tricks; he basically knows everything and is awesome!
50. Oh hell! That is such a coincidence. I just found an unopened container of apple juice in my closet. It is like...Christmas up in here.
51. “You come to the sobering realization that things will never stop from keep happening constantly”
52. But in situations like this, I think you need to remind yourself there's only so much you can do for somebody.
53. “CG: FUCK YOU, JOHN EGBERT.
54. “You don’t have to be an asshole about it, Acorn,” Jeanne Betancourt said.
55. First AppearanceHS
56. Like, at some point in your life, one of your friends might start spending all her time with a guy you think is bad news.
57. Don't worry, miss. You have a Strider now; everything'll be just fine.
58. “VRISKA: Those ghosts were all that stood in the way of an end to this eternal holocaust, and sparing their souls 8n't different in my view from personally committing atrocities on a cosmic fucking scale.
59. “VRISKA: I only ever wanted to do the right thing no matter how it made people judge me, and I don't need a magic ring to do that.
60. Did you try to draw shades on his face and miss what even the point is? He's already wearing shades.
61. “Kanaya, it's hard.
There you go! Dave Strider quotes about best friends, heroic death, dream bubble and other favorite homestuck quotes.
Man, these quotes from Dave Strider in Homestuck are like a freaking time capsule of this character's undying popularity and the immense impact he's had on fans. Whether he's dropping ironic one-liners or unraveling the mind-bending complexities of time travel, Dave's razor-sharp tongue and lightning-fast wit never fail to grab hold of readers. Seriously, this dude's got a knack for blending humor and self-awareness, bringing depth and pure entertainment to the story. No wonder he's a fan-favorite! As we bid farewell to this epic compilation of Dave Strider quotes, we can't help but be reminded of the sheer brilliance of Andrew Hussie's writing and the everlasting legacy of Homestuck. So, as Dave himself would say, "Strap in. Shit's about to get real."